Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Paint/lacquer for plastic sill/scuff plates?

Funtime

My plastic door sills/scuff plates are, well, a little scuffed as I'm sure most peoples are. I found this guide http://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/623138-diy-refurbishing-door-sill-scuff-plate.html but the products used are American - Ace/ Plastidip.

Are there any similar product people in the U.K. Have used with good results? I'll order some off eBay if not but there must be something that you can buy at Halfords?

Thanks in advance!

I did the same using similar paint, sprayed after a light rub down with wet & dry, looked as good as new.... except fitted them and promptly scuffed it with my boot getting in :oops: Still looks much better than they did!

DucatiRob said:
I did the same using similar paint, sprayed after a light rub down with wet & dry, looked as good as new.... except fitted them and promptly scuffed it with my boot getting in :oops: Still looks much better than they did!

What similar paint exactly? That's the question here :?:

Basically I want to go to a shop tomorrow and buy it! eBay takes 2 days...

Thanks

PlastiKote Matt black is the same stuff basically The Range sell it if there's one near you.

wildej said:
PlastiKote Matt black is the same stuff basically The Range sell it if there's one near you.

That is the response I wanted, thank you sir! :thumbs:

It's also stocked on Amazon Prime Now so it'll be delivered to me in 1 hour. Saturday sorted :D

I'll let you know how I get on!

Funtime said:
My plastic door sills/scuff plates are, well, a little scuffed as I'm sure most peoples are. I found this guide http://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/623138-diy-refurbishing-door-sill-scuff-plate.html but the products used are American - Ace/ Plastidip.

Are there any similar product people in the U.K. Have used with good results? I'll order some off eBay if not but there must be something that you can buy at Halfords?

Thanks in advance!

Another option would be to get Linas from DesignLS to cover then in leather as per an original option from the factory.

Getting mine done next week even though the original plastic Finnish is in mint condition.

Bikeracer1098 said:
Funtime said:

Thanks in advance!

Another option would be to get Linas from DesignLS to cover then in leather as per an original option from the factory.

Getting mine done next week even though the original plastic Finnish is in mint condition.
What price is linus charging? He done some work for me before, top finish!

This is a pic of member Mr02ard sills done in leather by DesignLS with matching french stitching. very nice job :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• img_9847_800_205.jpg
    img_9847_800_205.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 2,736

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back