Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone know this 996?

elan

Monza
Looks like it will need new discs all round and some suspension work, from the MOT history. Wheels could do with a refurb.

Looks straight otherwise.

Ended - have you bought it already?!

Any ad that says "Drives like new" for a car this old is questionable.

Yes, I am the winning bidder 😬. The current owner had the car for 5 years and recently spent £1400 on various repairs.

Not a fan of the description of the car on advert but does look straight. Sounds like the some copper are corroded as well as the discs.

Struggling to get someone close to Crawley to come and do a PPI at short notice.

What do you need a PPI for if you are the winning bidder?

trig_112 said:
What do you need a PPI for if you are the winning bidder?
Mainly to check the car is as described.

Is the price about right?

Not sure i understand you have already purchased - shouldn't you be getting an API ?

Parr motorsport are about 5min away.

Suggest to have seller drop it there if you want a PPI and they would probably allow you to both go round the car whilst it's on their ramp.

:thumb:

From the looks of the advert I wouldn't have thought a PPI was needed. As long as the mileage is right, service history is present, bodywork is OK and a quick test drive shows nothing untowards then you own it.

Unless the eBay bidding rules have changed and winning bidder no longer means you have entered into a legal agreement to purchase the item you have bid on and you can back out afterwards if you haven't done your due diligence/have buyer's remorse.

elan said:
Yes, I am the winning bidder 😬. The current owner had the car for 5 years and recently spent £1400 on various repairs.

Not a fan of the description of the car on advert but does look straight. Sounds like the some copper are corroded as well as the discs.

Struggling to get someone close to Crawley to come and do a PPI at short notice.

£1400 is nothing in Porsche world if using quality labour and parts.

Fingers crossed for the PPI!

Agreed, it cost me over £2,500 😬 to repalace the spoiler rams on the Turbo.

Fingers crossed for my new toy!

elan said:

For future reference,Nine Excellence are 10 minutes from Crawley..

End of September to present day:

33046830086_02588d03a0_b.jpg

Dammit, that is a lot of money you have spent over the last few months. I hope it's major upgrade than repairs.

I do need to visit 9e soon.

The main reason for the inspection was due to the limited description on the advert but everything looks straight and it was previously sold/serviced by Portiacraft.

I think that car was for sale a year ago when I bought mine.

How can people still not understand eBay. You should have inspected it before you bid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back