Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clutch reservoir empty

yes i think so - both the brake and the clutch share the same fluid reservoir, i thunk its called a tandem cylinder so they could effect each other! Sounds like its not been bled properly.

Sounds like you may need to bleed the clutch also.

Also If you allowed the fluid to drop to low then then you will need to bleed the system using a procedure whilst hooked up to PIWIS.

Demort will give you a better diagnosis than I when he gets here!

Good luck with it.

monster said:
yes i think so - both the brake and the clutch share the same fluid reservoir, i thunk its called a tandem cylinder so they could effect each other! Sounds like its not been bled properly.

Sounds like you may need to bleed the clutch also.

Also If you allowed the fluid to drop to low then then you will need to bleed the system using a procedure whilst hooked up to PIWIS.

Demort will give you a better diagnosis than I when he gets here!

Good luck with it.

Thanks, it's not my car but a friends who had all new brakes and fluid change on his 997 Turbo. Visited me so a trip of 90 miles after the work on the trip home the clutch pedal wouldn't return, he checked the reservoir which was empty.

Turbo is different , it has a seperate clutch resevoir and is not linked with the braking system.

It is linked in a way with the power steering system but ill not go there :)

It will need to be looked at by a garage really or at least on a ramp to find where the leak is.

Monster have you been away as not seen any posts from you in ages !!

Demort said:
Turbo is different , it has a seperate clutch resevoir and is not linked with the braking system.

It will need to be looked at by a garage really or at least on a ramp to find where the leak is.

Thanks in that case I would say the brake work has no bearing on the clutch issue. The car is booked in next week for investigation.

Appreciate replies :thumb:

Demort said:

Ahh that interesting that the turbo is different!

No I'm about Demort mate - just been a bit busy lately thats all! :thumb:

Martian said:
I thought the Turbo shared the brake/clutch reservoir. Can anyone point me in the direction of where the clutch reservoir is then, thanks. :)

Under the plastic cover in the front on the drivers side next to the battery

Gazc2 said:
Martian said:
I thought the Turbo shared the brake/clutch reservoir. Can anyone point me in the direction of where the clutch reservoir is then, thanks. :)

Under the plastic cover in the front on the drivers side next to the battery

Thanks. Is it near the brake fluid reservoir then? Haven't noticed a seperate reservoir for the clutch to be honest. :?

The system doesn,t use brake fluid .. it uses pentosin , the clutch bottle is under the o/s/f cover next to the battery.

Its a powered system that uses the pas pump to generate pressure , you can get a fault where the clutch containor over flows and this is down to the pas pressure getting past seals in the clutch slave cyl and pumping fluid into the clutch master cyl .

Basically .. its nothing like a normal 997 system .

Found the clutch reservoir today, thanks Iain. Didn't even know it was there, presumed the Turbo used the brake fluid reservoir, you learn something new everyday! :D

For future reference, the clutch fluid for the Turbo model is Pentosin CHF 11S.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back