Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bye bye 997.2 Turbo - Hello 991 Turbo S

Six speed

Evening folks. After much deliberation, I have today placed a deposit on a 991, collecting in around 2 weeks. All being well and good.

The car isn't ready and I haven't seen nor test driven yet. But meets everything I could possibly want. This is being purchased through a OPC. And will be my 4th 911 over the years.

So subject to test driving the deal is done. I've only ever driven a 991 4s 2 years ago, for around 15 mins but remember enjoying the experience.

Has anyone gone from 997.2 Turbo to 991 Turbo S, any views or advice?

Thanks
David

I cannot offer much, but I can add my situation deciding.

It was a real dilemma for me whether to change my order from 911.2 C4S to the Turbo (not the S).
To summarise briefly, it was put to me that for the 20K extra over my build would basically be the cost for straight line speed only gain..
Of course there is a little more than that if you want to be pedantic and I do not want a row, but after considering all the facts, I accepted the advice was good for me.
The 20K was not an issue, but the gain I could not warrant or justify for the gain. I fail to see how I will be able to drive the CS4 anywhere near its potential, so I would have been buying the Designation. On UK roads too???
There's nothing wrong with that if its your own money.
I deliberated for a very long time and my personal conclusion was between 911.2 C4S and R8 V10. If I had of wanted to jump, that would have been my choice. Just going to enjoy what I am getting now, hope you do.
Choices eh?
:frustrated:

Re: Soon to be Bye bye 997.2 Turbo - Hello 991 Turbo S

Six speed said:

Thanks
David
Give me a chance :eek: I've only had it two days!

Saw one yesterday coming off the M1 at J5 /A41. A light grey colour, so much presence. Congrats, and enjoy. :thumb:

pzero said:
Six speed said:

Thanks
David

Saw one yesterday coming off the M1 at J5 /A41. A light grey colour, so much presence. Congrats, and enjoy. :thumb:

What have you brought 2 days ago?

Itstony said:
I cannot offer much, but I can add my situation deciding.

It was a real dilemma for me whether to change my order from 911.2 C4S to the Turbo (not the S).
To summarise briefly, it was put to me that for the 20K extra over my build would basically be the cost for straight line speed only gain..
Of course there is a little more than that if you want to be pedantic and I do not want a row, but after considering all the facts, I accepted the advice was good for me.
The 20K was not an issue, but the gain I could not warrant or justify for the gain. I fail to see how I will be able to drive the CS4 anywhere near its potential, so I would have been buying the Designation. On UK roads too???
There's nothing wrong with that if its your own money.
I deliberated for a very long time and my personal conclusion was between 911.2 C4S and R8 V10. If I had of wanted to jump, that would have been my choice. Just going to enjoy what I am getting now, hope you do.
Choices eh?

I can understand your train of thought and trust me I've been through very similar and built many many cars on the Porsche website.

The time I spec'd a 991.2 4 GTS, I was almost turbo money, the time I spec'd a turbo I was almost Turbo S money.. I'm sure we've all been down this road. Dreaming. I'm not very good when it comes to buying a new car as I want all the toys and that's big 💲💲

Six speed said:
pzero said:
Six speed said:

Thanks
David

What have you brought 2 days ago?

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1288713&highlight=#1288713

Itstony said:
Choices eh?

I agree with this. Walked away from a staggering deal on a new R8 V10 Plus as it was going to make me drive quicker as speed is its main thing. Sounds obvious when you type the words, but it is always tempting to look at something just that bit quicker than what you have.

I could feel the R8 egging me on and it wouldn't have ended well. My C4S.1 is already too fast for the way I want to drive it on the roads. I seldom use its full abilities and if I do it is for a few seconds at best. I can imagine a Turbo or Turbo S being even harder to really enjoy. Especially if the comments I've read about them being a bit mute aurally are true.

Fine car, but I cant see myself going there. Only really looking as a GTS4.2 as I am lucky enough to be able to change every three years currently and life is short. In reality the C4S.1 is all the car I want and all the car I need!

In reply to both posts above, a mixture of my sentiments.

I'm sure we would all like a penny for every time we went through the configurator :floor:

To fess up I will admit my preference was for the R8 V10 540BHP.
It made me tingle and its Wow factor was the best I have had. The only concern I had was it would draw too much attention in normal use.
The decision was made for me, Audi stopped supply LHD to the UK, so missed the boat.
As I was needing a LHD, I had to revert to Porsche 997.2 C4S as the 991 Turbo not in my basket, only personal preference/value, its a fine car.
So happens Porsche have now stopped supplying LHD. The conditions of ordering were much more stringent and you get tied in.
When the GTS was released I was gutted, but luckily had time to upgrade with the power kit, so at least get the larger Turbo's and 450BHP as per the GTS.
I have a super build with PDCC 4W Steering and bundles more.
The car has more than I need I agree, but who needs it in the UK? My plan is to do more Km in Europe anyway, so should be able to have more fun.
Collection April.:thumb:

As posted above, life is short and any of these cars will have more to offer than most people need, so in essence it does come down to what makes you feel good. Audi, Porsche, both superb German engineering.

Today was the day :D

Attachments

• img_3379_249.jpg
    img_3379_249.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 8,747
  • img_3380_183.jpg
    img_3380_183.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 8,747
  • img_3378_814.jpg
    img_3378_814.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 8,747
  • img_3377_387.jpg
    img_3377_387.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 8,747
Great day for you, have fun! :thumb:

Wow, that's awesome, simply stunning!

Congrats and enjoy :thumb:

Stunning car , colour , spec ... great choice ... you only live once ....
Turbo S is a beast in all formats .... they just get better and better every time ....!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back