Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

£20k for a 996 Turbo but.....

Oh dear....

Someone didn't love their turbo too much to allow that to be Cat D'd for what looks like a small bump in the rear (perhaps worse than it looks).

What's the book price on this with 109k on the clock, gotta be 25k pre accident?

Is that 12.5k of damage?

Are the days past of appointing your own body shop to repair a car at a better price (rather than going to main dealer) ?

:eek:

rocket_richard said:
This isn't for me but, £20k for a Turbo (Cat D) looks pretty good value. I'm not that keen on the 106,000 miles too but it could be a nice project for someone.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262863764218

109K miles is nothing. A friend of mine has 350K KM's on his and it's sweet. All original and no issues. Mine has 137K miles. Absolutely no drama at all.

Hard to believe that it was 'written off' because of a dent to the rear bumper. I would suspect there is damage behind the bumper and possibly into the engine compartment.

If you look at the photo of the rear of the car with the boot open you can see that the panel on to which the rear bumper attaches has been bent inwards. If this has been bent it could well have pulled in the two rear sides which would mean a pretty major job to straighten it out again. Certainly not just a case of a new bumper and a few other bits.

MC

Could it be that it was already on the register - Cat D repaired and has had another minor shunt?

Good point.

MisterCorn said:
If you look at the photo of the rear of the car with the boot open you can see that the panel on to which the rear bumper attaches has been bent inwards. If this has been bent it could well have pulled in the two rear sides which would mean a pretty major job to straighten it out again. Certainly not just a case of a new bumper and a few other bits.

MC

I agree with MC .. there may very well be a more serious
Underlying issue there ... alignment checks required I reckon
T

Looks like it may have been a previous Cat D as the car had no MOT from April '14 up to April '16. So this could possibly not be the recorded incident and only be minor damage. Seller could do himself a favour and put that in the listing.

alex yates said:
Looks like it may have been a previous Cat D as the car had no MOT from April '14 up to April '16. So this could possibly not be the recorded incident and only be minor damage. Seller could do himself a favour and put that in the listing.

I am not sure how much difference that would make. The car is a Cat D which will reduce the price. A better explanation of exactly what is damaged would help, but I suspect the lack of one means you really don't want to know. If a car was Cat D before and was involved in another accident would make it Cat D again I guess there is no way to tell, no such thing as a double D car? At the very least I would take measurements across the rear of the car to make sure that it is correct and compare with a known straight car.

MC

Makes a massive difference if it is only light damage and a couple of grand fix, rather than extensive chassis damage and an eight grand fix.

If it can be had for £20k then possibly worth a punt... Otherwise I don't know. I think it will be an easy fix. Lines around the rear lights look good. If it was a 60k mile car I'd be putting a bid on it as the engine alone with lower miles holds a fairly decent value.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back