Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Georgie Best , the lost Porsche .

cubasteve

:bandit: My cousin has a caravan in Maldon , Essex , one of his friends on the site Dave used to own Georgie Best's Porsche , it was a light weight , air cooled and he payed £2,000 just after Georgie Best died . He sold it for £8,000 around 6 year's ago and some months later was approached by the new owner asking a few questions , but they had paid £43,000 for it . I bought my 997 around that time and am kicking myself why my cousin Phil had not told me about it .
I don't have any more information and I'm not sure how correct what I've written but thought it's worth putting out there to see if anyone can add to this story . Cuba :bandit:

Only one question, he sold it or £8k but the owner paid £43k for it, were all missing something please help!
Okay ive got it now, he sold it then whoever sold it and now they own it for £43k. It's all fallen into place!

I knew he had an E Type and a Rolls Royce- never seen him photographed with a Porsche.

I remember 25 years ago, a local garage to me was selling a black 911 from the 1970s which was said to have belonged to rod stewart, it was an sc I believe, I remember looking at it thinking how fantastic it was, and being shocked at the price tag of 10k.

I was reading recently how he still kicks himself for letting go a couple of miura's for peanuts, which he saw up for auction for well over a million each.

My friend in the States had Lamborghini Jalpa.

It drove him mad breaking down so he got rid of it.

When he went to trade it it a dealer offered him a pair of Ferrari Dino's in exchange.

He said no thanks....

Went to buy this car in about 1983/4 from Pete Clarkes garage in Kirbymoorside, unfortunately he demonstrated it a bit to well and my old man and I fell out over buying it, apparently I would have been dead within a week!
Anyway it did have a log book that said it once belonged to a Mr Reginald Dwight, whoops!

carkid said:
I knew he had an E Type and a Rolls Royce- never seen him photographed with a Porsche.

Add Mercedes and anything British made

Never seen him with a Porsche :dont know:

anymore info on this :?:

Best was into E-types/Jags and Lotus motors(and of course drink and girls)

George Harrison had a 928(I think) but George Best did not have any pork as far as I am aware....although he may have bought his wife/GF one perhaps.

What a footballer though :eek:

The training team at OT could never understand how he could train less and/or turn up the next morning after a late night-out and run the legs off
everyone else. He got into trouble for being late/no-shows then they just gave up ballcocking him as he was just so good/important.

The pass from Charlton at the 1:59 mark that he controls/flicks with the inside his foot on the run then moves in to fox the keeper before scoring is simply epic.

wizard993 said:
Best was into E-types/Jags and Lotus motors(and of course drink and girls)

George Harrison had a 928(I think) but George Best did not have any pork as far as I am aware....although he may have bought his wife/GF one perhaps.

What a footballer though :eek:

The training team at OT could never understand how he could train less and/or turn up the next morning after a late night-out and run the legs off
everyone else. He got into trouble for being late/no-shows then they just gave up ballcocking him as he was just so good/important.

The pass from Charlton at the 1:59 mark that he controls/flicks with the inside his foot on the run then moves in to fox the keeper before scoring is simply epic.

His old house is a couple of hundred yards down the road from us (Woodford/Bramhall) He had it built by a local architect, loads of pics of E types/Rolls locally but never Porsche?

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

George Best

PELE good

Maradona better

George Best

nuff said

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back