Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just visiting from PCGB

George Eaton

Hello my name is George and I am a visitor from the PCGB forum. A fellow PCGB member mentioned 911UK.com as I have an automatic Porsche 718 Boxster on order. Apologies, I know I posted the same last week and the welcome was so friendly, but I seem to have deleted the topic. My current Porsche is a Guards Red 993 Carrera Tiptronic S, which I will be looking to sell - another reason for the recommendation I join 911UK. It will be a sad loss, as I am only the second owner, having owned the car for just over 15 years. In deed I have known the car since 1998, almost from new. The original owner was a good friend who was working for Lufthansa at the time. My new Porsche Boxster 718, also in Guards Red, will be a factory collection. The trip back to Germany will hopefully be the start of a whole new set of great memories. I suspect this will be my last Sports Car, although this time in Right Hand Drive! I attach some artist impression images of my new Porsche Boxster 718 from the Porsche Configurator website program. One question regarding my 993, it is currently in storage over the winter, is it worth servicing before I put the car up for sale, or does it not matter? I do not want to delay the sale, as my new car needs to be collected in May this year. Thank you

Attachments

• configurator_boxster_718__front_187.png
    configurator_boxster_718__front_187.png
    156.3 KB · Views: 11,310
  • configurator_boxster_718__rear_178.png
    configurator_boxster_718__rear_178.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 11,310
  • configurator__black_roof_option_206.png
    configurator__black_roof_option_206.png
    133 KB · Views: 11,310
Looks wonderful George and welcome to the Boxster/Cayman sub-forum :thumbs:

My 981 is Guards Red - its a sublime colour 8)

You'll find many of the same folk posting here as in the 911 sections :wink:

Hello again!

George, perhaps it was moved by a Moderator, but your topic (thread) was not deleted, it is here in the 993 sub-forum:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=118758

MOD COMMENT: The thread has always been in the 993 sub-forum.

Regarding the 993 servicing, I would say there are a few good reasons to get the car serviced before selling:

1) I am assuming you have never scrimped before on the car, so don't give any impression you have just at the point of sale
2) It's at best it is a zero-sum game: you will be knocked for a service anyway and any prospective buyers will not bet getting a "turn key" car in terms of just jumping in a driving off, so do them (and yourself) a favour and get the service done.
3) Assuming you use an OPC, you (the car) will get a mini-health check too, which will set any prospective buyers' minds are rest, even if various items are pointed out as needing work (it is always the unknown that people knock the price of cars)

PS - the Boxster looks nice in Guards, very sporty looking :thumb:

Totally agree, if it needs servicing pop it into your local OPC under their fixed price servicing.

Reasoning:
The service itself will add to the sale far easier compared to a vehicle a prospective buyer sees requires completing.

An OPC health report goes a long way in terms of the vehicle being (what we describe as being 'honest'). In layman's language 'it's a vehicle that is in great condition and isn't going to be a very deep money pit to put right or has serious problems'.

Imagine if a buyer has the vehicle pre purchase inspected and it comes back with 'needling attention' it'll be quite embarrassing and if you're not prepared to minus any repairs, it leaves the buyer £200+ out of pocket with nothing to show for it other than 3 pages of A4 Paper.

So with the above in mind get it into OPC :thumb: (that's just our advice, whether you do or not is your decision)

Many thanks for the servicing advice. That all makes sense that the car would be "complete" at the point of sale. I am not sure what an "OPC" is, but my car has been serviced by Porsche Centre Bournemouth for the past two services, so I have booked in on the 6th March for this year too - and I get a free Boxster too! Thank you for pointing me back to my first topic. I don't know why I couldn't see it before.

OPC = Official Porsche Centre

:thumb:

OPC = Opinions polarised consistantly

:thumb:

What options are you going for on the new 718 and is your build now 'locked'?

I agonised for ages over these back in 2015 and must have changed the spec half a dozen times before finalising it. There's only 2 or 3 options I regret not going for: leather covered sun visors (the GTS has lots of leather), painted air vent slats (tarty but nice) and PCCB (but I simply could not afford these at the time).

A mate of mine has a completely standard non-S car though and that in itself is just right too.

I'm still intrigued what you're going for!

tim993 said:
What options are you going for on the new 718 and is your build now 'locked'?

I agonised for ages over these back in 2015 and must have changed the spec half a dozen times before finalising it. There's only 2 or 3 options I regret not going for: leather covered sun visors (the GTS has lots of leather), painted air vent slats (tarty but nice) and PCCB (but I simply could not afford these at the time).

A mate of mine has a completely standard non-S car though and that in itself is just right too.

I'm still intrigued what you're going for!

No no no, the painted air vent slats are so.........American :hand:

PCCB's I love the idea of but really, track guys don't like them despite the mass reduction and they are overkill for road use, why would you ?

Sounds to me like you have missed out on the right options not to have :wink:

Hello again, I learnt my lesson from last time and saved this page in my "Favourites". Today is a good day as I have agreed the sale of my 993 this very morning (and without even having to service or tax it!) and now all I need to do is look forward to my new Boxster 718. "T8" - thank you for teaching me something new again regarding "OPC". My car has indeed been looked after since new by an "OPC" - both here in the UK, since my retirement, and during my Rheindahlen medical corps days. "OPC" would be "Porsche Zentrum" in German - I think it was Porsche Zentrum Willich who serviced the 993. "tim993" - my car is the basic Boxster 718, not the S. It is plenty fast enough for me, and much quicker than the 993. I haven't added that many options. I was quite happy with the standard suspension and standard wheels (the tyres will be cheaper too). I did add a few creature comforts the XF offers:- Black leather heated seats, parking sensors at the front and the rear, folding wing-mirrors, cruise control, and the map option for the large display unit. Even in standard specification there will be many functions I will never use! I really like the contrasting side vents in black, to my eye they match the convertible roof.

....... well if he didn't get more than £30K ....... then there is something seriously wrong in so many ways ....... :?:

:dont know:

Picked my white 987S up from Cambridge OPC on Wednesday ....... lovely sunny day so four hours of open top motoring on lovely quite B roads ....... an overnighter in Dedham Vale and more of the same the next day ........ Oh yes ..... I am loving this car ...... :)

So the thread of the century has a part two it seems. We have a sighting of George, conversation has been had, the car exists, yet he's still the ghost who walks. WTF is going on :dont know:

jonttt said:

Brilliant to wake up to this blast from the past ...

Is George Eaton the ghost of EU past ...?

I always had my suspicions that Dr George had a previous persona with the handle that as CC on here( his posts were always classic)

There must be a new thread coming ...

:popcorn:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back