Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

19's

rstaichi

Silverstone
Afternoon all :worship:
Anyone here runing 19's if so any chance of a pic and some feed back .. thanks

...... on a 993 ..... you must be crazy ...... lol ....... ;)

p.s. I seem to remember someone on here that does indeed run 19s ........

Think Trap125 did at one point (my memory could be shot!) but haven't seen him around for a while.

Wasn't Trap, my memory is failing!

NinjaPower said:
2890BFAC-0C19-44EF-A0F8-8EDCBF7B0F44_zps3jg6a7nu.jpg

6AEAC523-FDF1-4414-8580-A9D3B01BE2F5_zpsssusib9w.jpg
^ ..believe NinjaPower runs 19s? He has posted some feedback here and here.

rstaichi - what wheels are you going for?

I'm looking for a aftermarket wheel but it's a difficult path to take.
I've been offerd a set of 19 inch LM's was wanting to know how they would fare on the 993, i'm running 18 inch turbo twist's at the moment which are a great wheel but i'm looking for something a little more aggresive, deeper dish slightly wider too pushing them to the edge of the arch. I tried Chris's split rims before he sold his gorgeous C4s but too much poke on the rears as i have a narrow body ..was funny though!
Just out of a matter of interest how much would a set of Magnesium Porsche Speedlines for a GT2 car cost you now days?
Thats the look i like but not polished just flat silver.

Too much poke!! :sad:

Attachments

• 20170205_095924_935.jpg
    20170205_095924_935.jpg
    937.6 KB · Views: 3,031
Evening all,

As pointed out above I still run 19's.

They have quite an offset in order to make them sit correctly in the arches. By that I mean as far out as possible without catching.

The combination of the width/offfset, the ride height, and the dish on the wheels make the car look wider in my opinion, which I like.

They don't rub or catch, and the arches haven't been touched, rolled or otherwise molested.

I am thinking of switching to some 18" split rims but only as I fancy a change of look.

rstaichi said:
Just out of a matter of interest how much would a set of Magnesium Porsche Speedlines for a GT2 car cost you now days?
About £30k if this current listing is anything to go by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-993-GT2-MAGNESIUM-SPEEDLINE-WHEELS-/142282123580?

More info via this very recent thread:
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=118490

The GT2 is a WB so wouldn't you still have the same fitment issues? :?

rstaichi said:
I've been offerd a set of 19 inch LM's was wanting to know how they would fare on the 993
It's been done...

D3CKT said:
A search brings up this thread with many pics and comments:
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=63979

The ride must have been very firm! :lol:

Thanks Ninjapower for the info your wheels look awsome but think i'll be sticking with 18's with a slightly wider look, just out of a matter of interest when is the max width i could go on the narrow body just flush with the arch or even 10mm padt the arch...
Thanks Ct3man for the link to the Speedlines.. saw these earlier on the bay thought it was a miss type, thats the reason i asked..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back