Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone tried the H&R Cup Suspension Kit?..

MattyR

Imola
So I had a health check at Precision on Friday. Mostly okay apart from that old chestnut which is suspension. I'm replacing the shocks and springs as well as the anti-roll bars and wishbone bushes.

I rather like the look of the H&R Cup Kit as it's a setup designed and manufactured in tandem. It can also drops me 40mm rather than the usual 30mm which I like sound of :thumb: Any words of wisdom gents?..

I also have small list of annoyances which were flagged up. Two leaking oil return tubes, couple of fan sensors kaput (requiring bumpers off unfortunately) yadda, yadda, yadda. Should empty my car stash again quite nicely.

When your car's suspension is set up the way you want it, the transformation can be quite pronounced.

Researching the options is interesting (I must get out more...). I didn't look at the H&R Cup kit so can't comment on it.

With that level of drop, you might want to look at bump steer and decide if that's an issue you also need to address.

My car runs H and R kit fitted by JZM Its harder than Zingaris trousers on sight of a £25k 993. Precision raised the dampers a couple of clicks several years ago. I lost the super cool ride height but gained more compliance than a 3 line labour whip.

It's still firm. Have a look at the Bilstein kit.

Thanks boys. Bump steer would be an issue for sure so may just stick with a 30mm drop. Precision mentioned Bilstein as H&R are quite stiff. Lots more research to do methinks.

Trouble is I want it to look ice cold and low..

Happy to take you out for a ride in mine. Let me know. I do have H&R springs (with Bilstein B8's) but I don't know if they are the same as those in the Cup kit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back