Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche lettering

yacht broker

I am thinking of ditching the Carrera badge on the back of my 997.1 and replacing with the Porsche lettering found on the 991.

Good idea, or bad idea?

Where is the best place to get them from? Design911 or OPC?

cheers

yacht broker said:
I am thinking of ditching the Carrera badge on the back of my 997.1 and replacing with the Porsche lettering found on the 991.

Good idea, or bad idea?

Where is the best place to get them from? Design911 or OPC?

cheers

Good idea !!! Ill be putting the lettering on a GT3 rear wing spoiler when i get one ordered in a month, leaving yhe rear lid with carrera badge on !!, ok theres a guy on ebau selling them and cheap, he does the black and chrome version!

Black....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-L...221991?hash=item543cbc3c27:g:qLMAAOSwx2dYElVr

Chrome....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-L...f8c1494&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=361796221991

Postage is quick!!

J

Are you getting the whole "PORSCHE" and "Carrera 911"

or just replacing the "carrera" with 911?

I got my carrera replaced with 911.

Getting the lettering from eBay or design 911 will be cheaper, but OPC will fit too.

Once you add the coffee and nibbles, and plus they may give you a complementary wash at OPC - its actually good value surprisingly.

Took them about an hour to do - I did some work, drank coffee, looked around at the cars, etc etc...

Leave as. Is Imola, it will not go any faster, I peso ally think the 991 is ovebadged. Less is more :judge:

Did it

Hi
I removed the Carerra S decals from the rear of my 997.2 a couple of weeks ago. I caught the corner of the C and it snapped. I deliberated for a while about direct replacement and bought it to do so, it is still in the packaging.
I decided to put the 'PORSCHE' letters on as per the 991 and 991.2 and other models. They are in very nice quality chrome not cheap looking plastic.
I used masking tape and a small T shaped frame to exactly place and space them.
I added the chrome 911 underneath.
My humble opinion is that it looks very nice. Not at all trying to emulate a 991 but the qulaity of the badges is far superior.
To all purists - hats off but each to there own.

Regards
GW

went for 911s myself...

looks nice...and different..

Attachments

• 11_129.jpg
    11_129.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 5,191
  • 22_682.jpg
    22_682.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 5,191
Re: Did it

glenwells said:
Hi
I removed the Carerra S decals from the rear of my 997.2 a couple of weeks ago. I caught the corner of the C and it snapped. I deliberated for a while about direct replacement and bought it to do so, it is still in the packaging.
I decided to put the 'PORSCHE' letters on as per the 991 and 991.2 and other models. They are in very nice quality chrome not cheap looking plastic.
My humble opinion is that it looks very nice. Not at all trying to emulate a 991 but the qulaity of the badges is far superior.

Regards
GW

Interesting. Any pics sir ? Also, did you buy the badges direct from Porsche ?

SamUK said:
went for 911s myself...

Hi sam, thise fins between the exhaust tips, are they a bolt on or part of the bumper, if they are bolt on where can i get em from?

J

-- 997 -- said:
SamUK said:
went for 911s myself...

Hi sam, thise fins between the exhaust tips, are they a bolt on or part of the bumper, if they are bolt on where can i get em from?

J

That's Phil's car I believe - should be along shortly to answer your question. :thumb:

If it were me, I'd either leave it completely unbadged or just go with "911". Maybe I am just old fashioned, but find that anything beyond about 3 or 4 characters on the back of a car looks needlessly fussy and amounts to over-badging..... :dont know:

Disco said:
If it were me, I'd either leave it completely unbadged or just go with "911". Maybe I am just old fashioned, but find that anything beyond about 3 or 4 characters on the back of a car looks needlessly fussy and amounts to over-badging..... :dont know:

just looked naked with out a badge..the Porsche letters give a good reflection on the top..if placed at the right height..

Personal preference i guess...

Re: Did it

Nik said:
glenwells said:
Hi

Regards
GW

Interesting. Any pics sir ? Also, did you buy the badges direct from Porsche ?

ebay..original badges do pop up..otherwise design911 were reasonably priced..

FRZ 911 said:
-- 997 -- said:
SamUK said:
went for 911s myself...

J

That's Phil's car I believe - should be along shortly to answer your question. :thumb:

Well spotted mate , yes thats mine green badge and Sams red badge at Brookspeed, the rear deffuser is no longer made and is not available I am afraid which is a shame as it was much more cost effective than the werks jobby at £1000 . there are a few different types around have a look at these from GT3TEK in California I have had a few bits from them very easy to deal with.

http://www.gt3tek.com/PHP/template.php?search=Rear Bumper 997

Attachments

• 26614238205_93cb17c887_z_644.jpg
    26614238205_93cb17c887_z_644.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 4,977
Even the OPC can make mistakes this was an OPC in EAI so check your letters then check again :grin: :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• 29097a8d00000578_3095041_image_a_27_1432480339906_152_662.jpg
    29097a8d00000578_3095041_image_a_27_1432480339906_152_662.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 4,974

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back