Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Strange comment from a "gt3" owner

e92

Monza
I was getting my tyres changed at a garage when a 991 "gt3" pulled up behind me. You could imagine my excitement to have seen see another porsche at the garage let alone a 991 gt3. When I got down and had a look at the gt3, it didn't seem quite right. Something about the proportions were off. Went a little closer and on inspection it's was a 986 boxster. The owner would have spent a lot of money on the conversion. What I don't understand surely it would have been better to get a some variety of a 911 ie a 996 etc? Anyways as I was getting in my car the owner of the gt3/boxster comes up and says 'lovely car but sh*t rims'. I was really confused....Probably should have responded 'lovely car but sh*t body kit' to him but didn't lol.

Attachments

• img_0496_239.jpg
    img_0496_239.jpg
    532.2 KB · Views: 6,422
some weird pre-defensive jealousy comment? He was expecting you to say something derogatory about his replica?

I was in my wife's boxster, and saw this 996 that looked like a 997 with all sorts done to it...

The bloke kept looking at my car, pointing to it and taking pictures....

Really peeved me off - why didn't he just come up to me and ask me about my wife's car if he had any questions.

Anyway told him where to go, and that his wheels were *****.

:D

Halcyon said:
some weird pre-defensive jealousy comment? He was expecting you to say something derogatory about his replica?

No idea mate, maybe he thought I didn't know his car was a replica and decided to try put me down. If he only knew my daily is a 14 year old diesel mazda and I have zero pride lol.

RedJedi said:
I was in my wife's boxster, and saw this 996 that looked like a 997 with all sorts done to it...

The bloke kept looking at my car, pointing to it and taking pictures....

Really peeved me off - why didn't he just come up to me and ask me about my wife's car if he had any questions.

Anyway told him where to go, and that his wheels were *****.

:D

:grin:

Does seem like an odd comment to make but without seeing a pic of your wheels I can't really comment :lol:

To be fair he probably drove away thinking 'why the f did I say that'

I have stock rims

RedJedi said:
911tom said:
To be fair he probably drove away thinking 'why the f did I say that'

I wasn't thinking that.

:p

Everybody else is.
MC

I'd love to see some more pics of the Boxster GT3 :food:

Did he "***** rims though init bruv"

Strange people out there for sure.

Why the hell do people pretend to have something they haven't?? I've never understood the replica thing. I'd feel a proper t1t driving about in that because your bound to come across folk that know it's fake.

Mind you, bought my Mrs. a bloody excellent snide Mulberry in Turkey

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back