Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Today's guess the hilarious Porsche part price

Shaoxter

Imola
I need a replacement drivers side wing mirror (just the glass) for my Cayenne as my one is a bit discoloured. So I called up Porsche for a price... anyone wanna guess how much? :?:

180.jpg

:dont know:

just a mickey take, but is the actual purchase price from new, reasonable?

Sometimes the car can be a fair price to start with, and the profit comes from parts and servicing etc.

I have paid some disgusting prices for parts that probably cost a few pounds over the years. I have also paid disgusting labour charges.

Is it the 'auto-dimming' glass option? If so you're well into 3 figures - £300+ :dont know:

Yep I would go 300 + VAT sorry Porsche tax

Autodimming plus heated was well over £200 for my Range Rocer, so I would got for £300+ as well.

MC

Can't be that much more, surely not £500!

Mind you I got a price for Bosch Spark plugs, £5 from Design911, Porsche price each £21.83.
I suppose we all have to do our bit to refit their new showrooms!

Ok not quite £700, it was £560... for a piece of glass!
To be fair the OPC guy did look out for me, he asked if I was sitting down before giving the price :grin:

Think I'll try and ebay £15 special!

That's cheap I will have two :floor:

Try £220 for a replacement ashtray in my 911, no fancy electronics in that..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back