Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cat Oxygen Sensors ----------

-- 997 --

Hi, im thinking of purchasing a set of Cat oxygen/Lamda sensors for my new 200 cell cats that im waiting to arrive, what sort of prives do they go for or any links of them to a site that sells them cheap??

Cheers

J

If you get the part no. for the pre cat sensors from Design 911 then cross ref those into Ebay you will find them much cheaper. (Circa £50 per unit).

I'd just replace the pre cat lambda's as these control the fuelling, the post cat sensors only measure the efficiency and as such won't matter if they are slow (unless they fail to the point of giving you a cell light)

Hope this helps a little :thumb:

I paid less than £30 per sensor last year for genuine Bosch - I'll try and find the e-mail.

Thanks gor your replies, £30 thats bl00dy cheap!! How many sensors are there on the exhaust in total?

Cheers

J

There are 4 sensors - one pre and one post x2 exhausts.
I did all 4 on mine - ended up at about £220(ish) for all 4.

Also - if you are changing the cats then this is much easier because getting the old ones out won't be easy....

Chris_in_the_UK said:
I paid less than £30 per sensor last year for genuine Bosch - I'll try and find the e-mail.
id be interested in these, I'm about to put a Kline on the turbo, cheers

what mileage are you on, i'm sure they dont need schedule changing until 120k or something like that from memory ?

seeforez said:
what mileage are you on, i'm sure they dont need schedule changing until 120k or something like that from memory ?

My 997 is 64k, i guess there may be trouble to get the lambdas off?? Also are all the lambdas same part numbers? All the same?

Cheers

J

seeforez said:

My 997 is 64k, i guess there may be trouble to get the lambdas off?? Also are all the lambdas same part numbers? All the same?

Cheers

J

no they are different part nos for before and after CAT also different colour cable and plug
your right they can be a tw@t to get off but they are quite tough in my experience and can obv take a bit of heat?
At 64k and if you aren't getting any CELs i would probably see which ones come off first

seeforez said:
no they are different part nos for before and after CAT also different colour cable and plug
your right they can be a tw@t to get off but they are quite tough in my experience and can obv take a bit of heat?
At 64k and if you aren't getting any CELs i would probably see which ones come off first

My sensors are ok, no errors etc, just that im waiting on delivery for a complete valvetronic exhaust system from topgear and thought to get complete new sensors to fit rather than faffing about trying to get the old ones off and causing damage etc..dont have time for all that!!

So what part numbers are needed for what sensors? And is bosch lambda sensors the ones porsche use?? Also along witn the sensors im looking to change the coil packs as its easier to fit when everything is off..

Cheers

J

i think its these for 2006 on 997 but worth checking
99760617601 99760617701

I'll have time to soak mine with bp blaster so I'm hoping they will come off, only done 52k are the ones on turbo different?

seeforez said:
i think its these for 2006 on 997 but worth checking
99760617601 99760617701

Cheers, i may have to carry out some research, mine is a 2005 gen 1, not sure if a few years makes a difference on part numbers etc........ Also on average how long roughly does the porsche sensors last??

Cheers

J

I used my originals in my Kline set up , only issue was that the cables were tight fit on the cat.
They were relatively easy to get out after a wee heat up....

It's the studs on the turbos that you will best have replacements at hand for as these are quite often seized and may require to be drilled out ...

Great exhaust the Kline though ... well worth it ...

I had mine on my garage bench for a while , looks like a piece of modern art .. but I had to fit it in the end!!!

What a difference in weight between the original S/S kit and the inconel Kline ...!

Terry

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back