Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Leaving the fold

ChrisT70

Albert Park
So in its 20th birthday week my beautiful 993S has gone to a new home, after a very enjoyable 2 yrs ownership. Have to say I have nothing but praise for Tom @ 911Virgin who has been a pleasure to deal with throughout.
If anyone is in the market for a well sorted superb driving 75k miles car with the right spec and in a beautiful colour then Tom is the man to speak to.
Plan is to get into a couple of other cars I've always wanted to try, namely a well sorted Lancia Stratos replica perhaps or something else interesting and unusual.

I'll hang around I suspect as I like the forum and you guys n gals have been cool :)
:thumb:

Enjoy what we you get. I was in two minds as to whether to buy an Alpine A110 when I bought my 993 as it is a car I have always coveted from it's Monte Carlo Rally days but decided it was totally impractical although just as beautiful to look at as a 993. I can't just buy a car and stick it in a garage, it's a waste if it's not driven.

Good luck, be interested to see what you end up with.

Albionmuz said:
I was in two minds as to whether to buy an Alpine A110 when I bought my 993 as it is a car I have always coveted from it's Monte Carlo Rally days .

I remember reading in Motoring News back in 1971 after Ove Andersson won the Monte that he told MN's 'Verglas' (Geraint Phillips some time co-driver of Andersson's, but not that Monte, that was Daivd Stone) that the ride had been so smooth in his Alpine A110 that his automatic watch had stopped . . .

Tragically, both Andersson and Phillips were killed in separate accidents in Sub-Saharan Africa

Funny what you remember . . .

I should get out more . . .

:sleepy:

Is the Illuminati membership like the Order of Merit ie there are only allowed to be 24 :dont know:
If so it looks like a vacancy has come up :grin:

Shifting on to trade takes all the hassle out of the equation when selling private :thumb:

'He who shall not be named' will probably get commissioned to sell on my 964 when I decide :what:

HPNer said:
I remember reading in Motoring News back in 1971 after Ove Andersson won the Monte that he told MN's 'Verglas' (Geraint Phillips some time co-driver of Andersson's, but not that Monte, that was Daivd Stone) that the ride had been so smooth in his Alpine A110 that his automatic watch had stopped . . .

:thumb: I'm going to store that gem. It's on a par with Albert Trotter recalling his time on the Arctic convoys. It was so cold the flame on his lighter froze. :grin:

:floor:

Renault Alpine never really floated my boat but a rare car. Have loved my time in a 993, was pleased with how well it looked and sounded as it drove off.

Onwards and upwards Chris. They say variety is the spice of life... ;)

C.

I am confused ....... if it is the blue P reg one on the Virgin site with 70k on the clock and is "deposit taken" ........ on the Virgin advert they say they have bought the car from the previous owner of 15yrs ...... yet you say you had it only for two years? ....... :dont know:

What gives ....... :?:

ChrisT70 said:
Really? Wow !How Do You Know?

says deposit taken along with another 993s, is yours a claimed 70k miler?

I like the look of the c2 coming in, miles off 25 bags though.

Think it's a different car Andy ?

ATB with the new purchase Chris :thumb:

Good luck, hope you find some great cars to enjoy :thumb: Have to say I couldn't part with mine no matter what tempts me.

Mine was 75k and only went down south today so it's not that car :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back