Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best way to sell a turbo?

Chrispm355

Im selling a black 997 turbo gen1 manual. Its a low mileage car with a great history. I usually sell privately but I understand at the prices they are now reaching, people may want finance etc. I don't want to sell to a trader. Im nervous about sale or return type arrangements as I don't want to leave the car with anyone (both due to the detailed condition it is in and the way it may be driven whilst out of my sight). Are there any broker type arrangements around that would mean I don't have to leave it with anyone? Im essex based, so ideally reasonably local.

I wouldn't automatically presume that most buyers will be looking to buy on finance Chris. Definitely worth putting a good advert together and testing the water.
Given the merits of your 997Turb, i have a feeling that somebody with the cash may very well be sitting on the sidelines waiting to strike!!

I bought my Turbo privately last year so we do exist!

Chris,

Why don't you post a few details of the car on this thread as this may help any lurkers get in contact?

Just out of interest why are you selling? Trading up?

PM sent :thumb:

Im selling it to go back to Ferrari. As much as the Porsche is an epic car and better in so many ways, I just love ferraris and cant get them out of my system.

Chrispm355 said:
Im selling it to go back to Ferrari. As much as the Porsche is an epic car and better in so many ways, I just love ferraris and cant get them out of my system.

Fair enough :thumb: Good luck with the sale and let us know how you get on. What's the mileage on yours?

Wait till the good weather, end of March and that car should sell privately with very little effort. Manual, black, metzger engine, Full S/H it's got everything going for it.

^^^^^Echo^^^^^ what eastern has said give it a month or so and it will fly out the door, I would have certainly looked at it if I was in the position to buy ££ :mrgreen:

A friend of mine is interested in one, get an advert up.

MC

Martian said:
An ad on here or PistonHeads should get you a quick sale, they're in demand.

They sure are. I've twice been approached by the OPC I bought mine from to buy it back! As recently as 2 days ago....

I bet you sell it just from this thread within weeks.

Good luck with the Ferrari

Thanks all. Its a 46000 mile car, to answer question above.

I have had quite a few inquiries already! I have submitted an advert just in case; it hasn't appeared yet, does anyone know how long it takes? I thought id try now, if it doesnt sell then ill wait until March as suggested as im in no rush to sell.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back