Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seasucker bike carriers

yacht broker

Anyone use them?

I was about to order a Thule roof bar system for my 997 with two bike carriers but then saw the Seasucker system. The cost for a 2 bike setup is similar, but the Seasucker looks quicker and easier to install (plus more compact to store when not in use).

Only downsides I can see is that unlike the roof bars, the system can only be used for bikes (no general roof rack duties) and I will have to carry the front wheels in the back of the car.

Not used but they look like a pretty cool way to carry a bike on the 911.
However, since mtb = filth, that's the job for the towbar-mounted carrier on my wife's campervan.

Post some pics / review if you get one please.

The other downside is that apparently they can't be locked. Have a look on Pistonheads as they've done an article on them recently. Personally I'd go for the Porsche RTS (ideally used, when they occasionally pop up for £100 or so).

Btw, anyone running bikes on their 997 have any views on "safe" speeds to corner at? I always am a bit concerned that doing so will bend the wheels / bike..

I can't see how they wouldn't mar the paint if fitted to bodywork and not glasswork. For that reason I'm committed to bars.

Not locking is not a concern for me as I'd never leave my bike alone on the car.

A mate running Thule bars and carrier says he's done a 100 leptons with his bike up there. He's taken me to events and Box Hill with both our bikes on top, he didn't hang around.

As my 997 is about to be sold I will shortly have my thule aero bar set available if you are interested.

Its the set up with the two different height feet

Attachments

• img_0106_120.jpg
    img_0106_120.jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 3,893
I would love first refusal on the kit if you're agreeable! I know I need the dual feet height, wonder if it's exactly the same on the Cayman? Either way, I'll have it and if I need to alter anything, I'll worry about it then.

rossman999 said:
As my 997 is about to be sold I will shortly have my thule aero bar set available if you are interested.

Its the set up with the two different height feet

Yes please.

No problem with selling to either only issue is its started to snow up north so if you are in a rush - tough I need my skiing fix :)

My build date on its replacement is the 16th of March so I would be looking to sell sometime in March

If you can PM me your email addresses I will send you pictures etc if you want and we can agree a price and date of sale.

Rossman999,
First dibs to Marty,of course,but do you have the product name or code for the separate 'feet' with different heights that you have used please? That looks really neat and must be cheaper than the £350 plus for the Porsche system
Regards
Alan

Ajs997-2 said:
Rossman999,
First dibs to Marty,of course,but do you have the product name or code for the separate 'feet' with different heights that you have used please? That looks really neat and must be cheaper than the £350 plus for the Porsche system
Regards
Alan

Sorry there is no markings on them at all but you can clearly see the difference in height.
At the time a number of suppliers would sell you odd pairs of brackets and even had them listed on the websites but no more :-(

putting the same size feet on the 997 would be ok with a bike but look stupid with anything else.

Attachments

• img_8377_971.jpg
    img_8377_971.jpg
    660.9 KB · Views: 3,655
Rossman999,
thanks for the photos, that helps me work out what I need to look for. Unless of course Marty doesn't need them & you still have them for sale? :D
Thanks, Alan.

Have ended up ordering some new Thule parts for my Cayman as couldn't find out definitively if the 997 setup would fit correctly.

So in short, I have told Rossman thank you, but I will no longer be interested in taking the bars.

Thank you though, Rossman.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back