Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Time to say Hello

BlackTurbo

Hi All,

I joined the forum a few weeks ago to learn more about Porsche.

I learnt loads and armed with the information went into the market and am now the owner of a Porsche 911 Turbo (996 variant).

My background is that of VW's, Audi-S and BMW-M cars and this is my first venture into the Porsche brand.

It's only been a short while and some of my experience as follows :-

- I can only describe the driving experience as feeling 'connected' to the car
- The drive feel's very raw and is a true occasion each time I drive it (which is exactly what I was after as a weekend car!)
- The road presence of the car is unlike any of my others

Sorry I haven't any pics yet but will take some when the weather sorts itself out (probably in a few weeks!!)

Looking forward to contributing and no doubt will also be seeking support as I feel my way through into ownership.

:congrats: and :welcome: to 911uk

Welcome to the forum BT good to hear its everything you hoped it would be from a weekend car. look forward to seeing pics and more posts from you and catching up at one of the events this year what region are you :thumb: :grin:

Welcome BT!

Great first Porsche. Great Porsche full stop, but especially good for your first one. Well done. :thumb:

Congratulations on the new car :thumbs:

Welcome BT. Great introduction to Porsche! Looking forward to seeing some photos shortly :thumb:

Welcome to the forum BlackTurbo and welcome to membership of the turbo club :D
Looking forward to seeing the pics i.d.c.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Im in the London area so happy to come along to a meet some time soon.

What suprised me most is how solid the build quality is on the car. It is over 16 years old and yet just the way the doors shut gives the impression of high build quality. I say suprised simply because I come from owning the top end Audis and BMWs which are also much newer however the Porsche still holds its own despite its age.

Still loads to learn and have quite a few bits to do on the car to bring it upto scratch so no doubt I will be seeking advice from you chaps.

Also need to find myself a reasonably price Indy who isnt a millions miles away.

:welcome:

Great to hear of your positive experience. The '6 turbo is one helluva' car. I'm sure you'll love it even more are as you find the depth it has.

Not sure where you're based but there's a meet in a few weeks. Details here:
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=109455&start=280

There's also the Ace Cafe meet from 6pm on the last Monday of every month.

Indy wise that depends where you're based. Once we know you'll get plenty of recommendations and advice.

Finally, :useless:

:thumbs: :grin:

Living in London means that 9e are not very far away (right next to Gatwick ) as your "independent".

I doubt anyone would tell you other than. . . use them ! with total confidence.

Enjoy the car the best you can in crowded UK, and, try to keep your licence :judge:

Congrats on the new purchase I picked mine up about 10 days ago and I think it is an amazing car!! Enjoy!!

BMW, Merc and Audi are volume cars these days, and are built down to a price. Porsche's are soo much better in terms of quality of materials and overall build quality. It's only when you make the switch that you realise. Great 1st 911, I think you'll be keeping it for a long time. Get it over to 9e for a good look over, you may find some interesting upgrades you can save up for. :D

Congrats on the purchase! Great choice.

What part of London are you in? PorcheTech (no typo) in NW London have a very good reputation and I have had only good experiences there too.

Hi and welcome! Nice choice of car even if I am a little bias!

They really are fantastic cars and the 996 turbo in particular is such a capable machine. Once you get used to the power you will find they are so tuneable. Lots of meets etc around London. As far as indy's as others have said you will not go wrong with 9e. There knowledge on porsche's and the 996/7 turbo in particular has got to be some of the best in the world. In fact I know they actually have many customers from abroad that bring there cars to them to be worked on. I have had a few jobs done by them and found pricing to be very competitive too.

I think someone has already mentioned there is a meet 26th Feb;

New997buyer said:
Okay, let's go with 26th Feb?

Meet at The Fairmile Pub, Portsmouth Road, Cobham, Surrey, KT11 1BW
(http://www.chefandbrewer.com/pub/fairmile-portsmouth-road-cobham/p1206/), at 8:30am.

Then head to the Mercedes Benz World & Driving Experience
(http://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cont...dom_website/en/home_mpc/homepage/mbworld.html)

Driving Experience participation is of course optional. As is visiting Mercedes Benz World. Just come along for brekkie if you want :food:

Given what we're doing I'm happy to encourage kids and partners.

Link here;

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=109455&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=280

A few of us are also planning to meet this Sunday for breakfast and a natter;

Shurv said:
Good timing guys. I've been a bit busy with a new(ish) job taking up a lot of time, and a poorly missus. Sunday 12th Feb at the Super Sausage on the A5 between Towcester and Stony Stratford. 9am OK for everyone. Don't care what you turn up in, I'll be in my 4S. I'll get some other dates put together and some ideas for a few meets and drive outs over the spring/summer and we can see how they fit. :thumbs:

Link here;

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=110649&start=160

I am planning on attending both but as my car is still being worked on I'll be in my atom so it is very much weather pending for me. I am confident at the moment that I should have my 996 back in time for the 26th, hoping any way.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back