Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Window position memory?

Sukh-C4S

I've got a problem with the drivers side window when the door is opened.

When the door is opened from the outside, the window drops but goes back up while the door is open so i can't shut it. Am having to lower the window from the switch after putting the key in the ignition

It's fine from the inside and the window stays dropped until the door is closed and it goes back up correctly :dont know:

..Anyone seen similar issues?

Failed door lock, I've just replaced mine. Probably a dry soldered joint so you could repair it. I paid £123 fora new part.

Not too bad a job, the Pelican site notes will help but they don't make clear that you really need to take the outer handle off too.

look here for more info.........
http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=116567&highlight=lock

Mike

maldren said:
Failed door lock, I've just replaced mine. Probably a dry soldered joint so you could repair it. I paid £123 fora new part.

Not too bad a job, the Pelican site notes will help but they don't make clear that you really need to take the outer handle off too.

look here for more info.........
http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=116567&highlight=lock

Mike

Thanks! Do you have a link to the part?
Can I swap it with the passenger side to prove it's the faulty part first?

Demort said:
You cant swop it side to side , the details are here ..

http://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?TBL=2640&MAK=3&MDL=25&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

And i will paypal you a £10 if its not the lock :D

Hmm .. i may be just contributing to his lock fund here lol

Haha! I hope not having to call that one in! :D
How do I know which of the part numbers i need, there's something about a theft security system on some of them. I'm thinking this one for a 2003 996 C4S UK spec...
8N2837016B Door Lock RHD RH

Aww you got me there .. i fix cars and am no parts guy ..

I would suggest phoneing a supplier .. ecp or opc etc .. getting a price then asking for the part number .. opc might be better as it will be correct .. you can then see where you can get it the cheapest .

It is also possible to repair them .. there was a post here a while back and a search will pick up a renlist post as well .. circuit board and dry solder joints i think is the main cause in them .

Demort said:
Aww you got me there .. i fix cars and am no parts guy ..

I would suggest phoneing a supplier .. ecp or opc etc .. getting a price then asking for the part number .. opc might be better as it will be correct .. you can then see where you can get it the cheapest .

It is also possible to repair them .. there was a post here a while back and a search will pick up a renlist post as well .. circuit board and dry solder joints i think is the main cause in them .

Cheers! I'll give the dealer a shout tomorrow with reg and see what they say. Don't think it's worth getting fixed, I did read somewhere that audi use the same part number so might be onto a winner there not having to pay the Porsche premium :cop:

Yes, the part is shared with n Audi TT but I don't think they all use the same lock, inevitably it's the more expensive option you need.

ECP supplied mine.

Mike,

maldren said:
Yes, the part is shared with n Audi TT but I don't think they all use the same lock, inevitably it's the more expensive option you need.

ECP supplied mine.

Mike,

Surely the same part number means the same part doesn't it?
I spoke to the dealership and my part number is 8N2837016B which I've seen on ebay for an Audi TT too... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A3-A...622637?hash=item3f7566fa2d:g:5lgAAOSw2gxYneDL

I cant seen to find the part on ECP, what are you keywords are you searching on?

Also, for anyone searching the archives in the year 2025, there is some useful info on similar window/door related symptoms that may be caused by failed microswitches here.. quite an interesting read :thumb: https://www.renntech.org/forums/tutorials/article/217-door-microswitches/

Maybe I wasn't clear, there are different parts used on Audi TTs. The Porsche part is the same as one of them and shares the same part number. There are cheaper Audi TT parts that look similar but are different part numbers.

Eurcarparts can get parts that are not on their website, call them. You can then put the part no into their website to get your discount.

Isnt there a whole collection of different microswitches on the locking module assembly? Also some window regulator microswitches?

I have an interesting one with my boxster occasionally - the window doesnt raise again when Im i close the door behind me. A quick 'Fonzy' tw@t on the door card and the window rises...

Heeeyyyyyyyyy

:thumb:

Yes there are several microswitches. Reading from the US, they suggest that the problem is usually with a dry joint on the board rather than the switches and the switches on mine were all fine.

I simply haven't had the time to trace through the various options to find the dry joint (I don't have a croc clip for my meter so holding the probes in place is a PITA.)

Probably an easy repair though and it's interesting that they all seem to fail in the same way.

Mike

ragpicker said:
Isnt there a whole collection of different microswitches on the locking module assembly? Also some window regulator microswitches?

I have an interesting one with my boxster occasionally - the window doesnt raise again when Im i close the door behind me. A quick 'Fonzy' tw@t on the door card and the window rises...

Heeeyyyyyyyyy

:thumb:

If the car doesn,t know the door is shut then the window will stay down , opposite of this post really but the same fault i expect .

Possible its one of the handle switches so gentle wiggle then next time it does it just to see ( interior handle is what im thinking ) .. or knowing you it will be as total strip down and investigation :D .. awww a write up on the lock change would be good .. ive not seen any from you in a while and i do miss them :thumb:

.. if the window drops further down it would be the roof catch switch but i dont think so here .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back