Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche VTS annual fee are we being taken for a ride?

pjm

Just purchased my first Porsche. It has the Porsche VTS tracking system fitted but it has not been active since 2015. I spoke with Vodafone and they say it can be activated and the annual fee is £217. If I look elsewhere the Vodafone Protect +6 Connect can be fitted with one year subscription for £350 (inc first years subs) with ongoing annual subs of £138. This includes access to an app giving position of the vehicle. Biketrac provide to tracker for my motorcycle and the subs are only £100 and it works a treat with full web history including all events and journeys. They are willing to continue if I put it in the car. Surely we are being taken for a ride by Vodafone?

You are a captive audience with a Porsche.

Of course Voda are price gouging!

I have only found a few years where Tracker/VTS just about broke even with Insurance saving (or indeed facilitated the Insurance)

But most of the time you can get Insurance with a non-Tracker/VTS premium of less than the fees (so why bother?), or by shopping around, find an insurer that does not require Tracker/VTS.

I like the idea of a tracker as hopefully I would recover the car. Most of the time the thief would park it up for a while undamaged to see if it is tracked.

So you want the stolen and recovered vehicle back, with that marker?

I'd never want the car back and look to move up to another car.

GT4 said:
So you want the stolen and recovered vehicle back, with that marker?

I'd never want the car back and look to move up to another car.

Same here.

My renewal on my 997 turbo was £400 without any questions about having a tracker fitted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back