Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sports Seats - Lowering

PGR

Trainee
I've recently taken ownership of a 996.1 C2 manual coupe, which I love, but i'd quite like to sit a little lower. The car has the sports seats, is there any way of lowering these? The steering wheel is on full extend, but I find my leg is brushing the underside of the steering wheel when i brake. Thanks :)

Thanks for the links. I do want to keep the sports seats, so changing the seats is out. The steering column extension looks a bit pricey! :eek: The console delete wouldn't really help as I need to sit lower or have the wheel higher, and that would do neither. Looks like i'll have to live with it...

I'm in the same boat PGR.

I added smaller diameter steering wheel which has sorted the problem with my legs touching the bottom of the wheel. But now the tops of the dials are obscured so I want to lower my seats.

It doesn't look like theres simple solution to this.

I take it you've set the seat to its lowest position using the side level? Not wanting to sound pedantic here but just checking.

Yes, the seat is on the lowest setting, CC81

Sackerley - Which steering wheel do you have?

I've fitted a Momo Protopito

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back