Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997-991 Prices

Rhodris-dad

Imola
April 2014 I bought (OPC) my current 997C4S 2010 PDK Blk/Blk Blk wheels all the right extras (sport chrono, sport exhaust, paddles0 so quite a high spec.

48k miles.....£46k...very good price at the time (because of the "high" miles I presume) I've done 15k in 3 years

I have looked today through the Porsche locator for a similar spec 991 2013 model....33k miles

£80k :wtf:

Have I missed something hear? Can someone explain gently to me?

Yes, 2010 C4Ss are fetching £50k (OPC)

I always thought as soon as you drive off the forecourt with a new car, you lose the 20% VAT straight away.

£100k car - 20%= £80k....what's happened to the 3years depreciation?

Is it worth forking out £30k more for a 3 year younger car with 15 bhp more?

Your thoughts are welcome.

Attachments

• p101_178.jpg
    p101_178.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 6,269
I just found a 2013 4S 991 with sport chrono plus PSE sport wheel with paddels so good spec 23k miles and paid £67800 private. It was only 4 miles from us and i told my friend to buy it, he wanted to wait until April.

Good advice I think. I did tell him to buy a GTS 997 2 though.

Rhodris-dad said:
I have looked today through the Porsche locator for a similar spec 991 2013 model....33k miles

There's a beautiful grey C4S, also 2013, also 33k miles at OPC Tewkesbury up for £69,991.

I can't see why the one you've seen is £10k+ more.

T8 said:
Rhodris-dad said:

There's a beautiful grey C4S, also 2013, also 33k miles at OPC Tewkesbury up for £69,991.

And it's got a great spec! it was advertised at 73k two weeks ago, my friend rang about it because it had a few more extra on, bose, heated seats, cruise. I told him to stick to the one he bought because it had 10k less mileage.
Tewkesbury did come down to £69k £4k drop but with only 1 year warranty and some stone chips to the front, sounded a good deal though.

I can report my friends first Porsche is a hell of a car!!

Rhodris-dad said:
I always thought as soon as you drive off the forecourt with a new car, you lose the 20% VAT straight away.

On most ordinary cars you do and for trade-in purposes you probably would on a Porsche too

BUT

When the waiting list for a new car is 9-12 months main dealers can advertise cars at a little less than new (or sometimes more !!) as people will pay it to get in a car that they can drive away that week.

T8 said:
Rhodris-dad said:

That's the one that's had 5 owners, I think. Would rather more miles than more owners..........and I'm afraid, I don't do grey.

T8 said:
Rhodris-dad said:

On most ordinary cars you do and for trade-in purposes you probably would on a Porsche too

BUT

When the waiting list for a new car is 9-12 months main dealers can advertise cars at a little less than new (or sometimes more !!) as people will pay it to get in a car that they can drive away that week.

Didn't know about the waiting list.

Your point is endorsed by the price of the Cayman GT4 :nooo:

Rhodris-dad said:
T8 said:
Rhodris-dad said:

That's the one that's had 5 owners, I think. Would rather more miles than more owners..........and I'm afraid, I don't do grey.

4 owners .... which would probably put me off mostly because I suspect that the first may have been Porsche themselves so how many drivers has it had. :?:

I love the grey, enough to print that one off when I first saw the ad', and if it wasn't for the owners issue I'd be .......... no, not really :D

In 2 years time though at c£55k ..... my next 911. :thumbs:

I know the guys at Tewkesbury quite well they are a decent bunch .

They have some customers who seem to change cars ridiculously often, it might be worth giving them a ring and enquiring about it.

Emma is very friendly and Alex the workshop controller would give you an honest appraisal of the car.

The price of 2012-2014 991.1 made me scratch my head for months when looking for my first Porsche. I couldn't get my head around the prices for used Porkers at 2 years old either having lost the best part of 50% in 24 months on my 420d.

When I went into the OPC to have a look around there was a late 2010 997.2 C4S sat next to a early 2013 991.1 C4S with 'launch' spec both were mint with similar mileage. There was £18k difference and as much as I wanted a 991 I couldn't make the man maths work for me in favor of the 991 when viewing the cars side by side.

I had previously dismissed the 997 as too old but the £18k difference made it something I could no longer ignore. It only took 10 mins into a 1 hour test drive for me to decide that the 997 would have to be mine and that it was virtually a bargain in comparison to those cars 2012 onwards. That's why I think the 996 & 997 bubble might be around a while longer as there is some real value to be had in these cars.

Maybe the 'turbo' Gen2 991 is upholding the prices of the NA cars! I know which one I would want!

DucatiRob said:
Maybe the 'turbo' Gen2 991 is upholding the prices of the NA cars! I know which one I would want!

Possibly. Although, I remember a similar argument being mooted about the 991 changing to electric steering and it was good for the values of the 997.2.
and we can all remember the "fuss" about the introduction of the water cooled engine.

GT3 becoming PDK no manual created a stir too.

I'm inclined to think that the prices for a 996 seem to have bottomed out and that is also part of the reason for the strong prices but, at the end of the day, demand for the cars is so strong that I am sure that is the main factor.

T8 said:
Rhodris-dad said:
T8 said:
Rhodris-dad said:

4 owners .... which would probably put me off mostly because I suspect that the first may have been Porsche themselves so how many drivers has it had. :?:

I love the grey, enough to print that one off when I first saw the ad', and if it wasn't for the owners issue I'd be .......... no, not really :D

In 2 years time though at c£55k ..... my next 911. :thumbs:

Maybe the C2S is the way to go. They seem a little cheaper.

I saw a drop dead gorgeous red car with black wheels but my EFC plate would not be "compatible" if you know what I mean.

Exploring other marques?
The Porker has no real competition as most cars in the price range are GTs or 2 seaters. (used R8s prices are daft too)

The GTR looks awesome on paper, a very capable car bit it is no "oil painting" and appears to be a bigger car. I've never driven or ridden in one, so I might have a look at that option. Come to think of it, I haven't driven a 991 either.

If the 991 isn't as big as a leap forward as going from my 996 to 997, even my man maths won't be able to convince me.

Rhodris-dad said:
The GTR looks awesome on paper, a very capable car bit it is no "oil painting" and appears to be a bigger car. I've never driven or ridden in one, so I might have a look at that option.

My boss has a new GTR, its quick, big, ugly and plastic. It also seems to need a 2K service every 6 months.

For half the money you could by a normal Nissan Almera and get some lad to put a massive turbo on it for you.

Les said:
Rhodris-dad said:
The GTR looks awesome on paper, a very capable car bit it is no "oil painting" and appears to be a bigger car. I've never driven or ridden in one, so I might have a look at that option.

My boss has a new GTR, its quick, big, ugly and plastic. It also seems to need a 2K service every 6 months.

For half the money you could by a normal Nissan Almera and get some lad to put a massive turbo on it for you.

:floor:
I thought it was about £700 a go. The nitrogen filled tyres would be my gripe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back