Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hayward & Scott

Louie63

Hi Chaps,

I've just sold my 997 Targa 4S for a 991 Carrera PDK with Aero kit, sport plus etc but the one thing it doesn't have is PSE. I know that this can be retro-fitted, but is quite expensive.

Has anyone had any experience of the H&S silencer replacement as an alternative?

https://www.haywardandscott.com/por...991-gen-1-rear-silencer-replacement-pipe.html

Would be interested to hear views/thoughts on how it compares with the PSE sound (obviously wouldn't be switchable).

Thanks,

Good news for you on two accounts:

1. H&S used my car to create the pattern for that part, thats my car in the video.

2. I'm also based in Bristol and would be happy to demonstrate the sound in person

Although its not quite as good as PSE its definitely a step up. Zero drone when cruising at any speed. Although its not switchable, the pops / cracks do become noticeably louder when sport mode is engaged, when sport mode is off it does sound noticeably quieter and I'm not just talking about the sound symposer.

I was in a similar position to you and looked at PSE retrofit, but i don't consider the £2.5K cost to be worth it. I've heard Carneal are working on a 991 system similar to their 997.2 version (which i had), i might consider getting their side mufflers when it comes out for a bit of extra noise.

Thanks Mark, that really is good news.

It would be great to get a demo of their solution. Happy to fit in with you timing wise - I can come to you or we could meet somehwere.

Let me know what works best.

Thanks again,

Louie

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back