Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S Ducktail??

Yas.SYC4S

Silverstone
Has anyone fitted a Ducktail to a C4S? Any pictures or advice where to get one from? I like the classic Ducktail look, but doesn't seem to be any products on the market for the C4S apart from D911 -http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod131450/Porsche-996-C4S-Rear-Duck-Tail--Ducktail--Spoiler/

Thanks,

Check out Getty Design and ask RPM Technik if theres would fit

As I understand it the one in the picture on the D911 website is a Ruf one which is no longer made. I don't know if the one's D911 sell are genuine Ruf ones or not.
I've tried to find a ducktail for mine for a long time they do seem to be like hens teeth..
If you find one let me know too :thumb:

Getty Design and RPM Technic don't appear to sell Ducktails for 996 C4S.
The D911 are 'replica' RUF ducktails, was wondering if anyone has purchased one? any pictures?

might have to design my own Ducktail at this rate :D

I've just been doing a little 911 part browsing on the net as you do...
And I found this..
http://www.gt3tek.com/PHP/lupa.php?id=996 bolt on Duck tail 2002-2004

It's quite clever it just replaces the lift up spoiler without needing to replace the full lid meaning.... It will fit the C4S and you get to keep that lovely red reflector :)

no idea of quality though might be awful :dont know: but good concept :thumb:

Attachments

• 996_duck_tail_painted_large_905.jpg
    996_duck_tail_painted_large_905.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 3,152
  • 996_ducktail_spoiler_1_174.jpg
    996_ducktail_spoiler_1_174.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 3,152
one more pic from the side
non from the rear sadly

Attachments

• 996_duck_tail_painted_1_large_455.jpg
    996_duck_tail_painted_1_large_455.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 3,144
Thanks Paul,

Interestingly I was thinking of designing something similar from Carbon Fibre. An attachment that hooks onto the original deck lid, making the appearance of a ducktail and covering up the spoiler mechanism.

Truly stated, the quality of the product doesn't appear that great from the website.
I am going to contact some Carbon Fibre manufactures and try and design a ducktail using the original lid. A good project and I will have something exactly to my spec.

That's a much cheaper option but why have a scratched and scuffed example in the website photos?!
It doesn't say much for the quality.

911munKy said:
That's a much cheaper option but why have a scratched and scuffed example in the website photos?!
It doesn't say much for the quality.

I fully agree why they use those pictures is very odd.
The pictures I've post are of one of their customers cars... I borrowed them from a well know US forum :lol:

Yas.SYC4S said:
Thanks Paul,

Interestingly I was thinking of designing something similar from Carbon Fibre. An attachment that hooks onto the original deck lid, making the appearance of a ducktail and covering up the spoiler mechanism.

Truly stated, the quality of the product doesn't appear that great from the website.
I am going to contact some Carbon Fibre manufactures and try and design a ducktail using the original lid. A good project and I will have something exactly to my spec.

I agree.. let me know if you can get something similar made or... well any ducktail to be honest that will fit a C4S and I'll have one too :lol:

Stephent said:
RPM are in process making one for my C4S, part csr project

Ste, you will have to keep me posted on this! Can you provide any details of RPM design?
I am not a fan of the RUF version as I don't like the vent scoops. I prefer the Original grill/louver design like the classic 911RS.

Paul, this could be our ticket to owning a Ducktail for the C4S :thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back