Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Windscreen cost?

searider

Silverstone
What is the cost to have a new windscreen supplied and fitted?
I've seen a car but the screen is delaminated and milky at the bottom corners.

OPC. OEM screen =c£700 (from memory in 2014). Fitting is sub-contracted.

Autoglass etc will be a fair bit cheaper.

ouch!

Thanks.

My windscreen was milky at the bottom right hand corner when I viewed it in the garage. So like you I thought about having to replace it.

Once I'd driven it a couple of times the milkiness has cleared up. I've had it almost a year now and its still clear.

Theres very slight delimitation, but I can live with that for now.

sackerley said:
My windscreen was milky at the bottom right hand corner when I viewed it in the garage. So like you I thought about having to replace it.

Once I'd driven it a couple of times the milkiness has cleared up. I've had it almost a year now and its still clear.

Theres very slight delimitation, but I can live with that for now.

That's interesting - the car has done very little mileage in the last 3 years.
Perhaps it will clear up!

i have an invoice for a windscreen from Porsche at approx £370 AFAIR. I can check when i get home, but it wasn't £700.

On a second note, back when I had the Cayman, i called my insurer to get a new windscreen but specifically asked for a Porsche one - it was £175 fitted.

Not so bad then!

infrasilver said:
I got a genuine screen fitted through my Insurance for £70.

Are there non genuine screens being fitted then and how would I know if auto glass or whomever are supplying a genuine screen? My glass has a large boomerang shape crack in it which I'm looking at having replaced in the coming weeks at the same time my Indy is fitting a new clutch. My Indy suggested this to ensure that auto glass or national windscreens fit the glass properly

Does the cost vary depending on whether the car has a tinted screen and Windscreen antenna?

Mike

Ursa911 said:
infrasilver said:
I got a genuine screen fitted through my Insurance for £70.

Are there non genuine screens being fitted then and how would I know if auto glass or whomever are supplying a genuine screen? My glass has a large boomerang shape crack in it which I'm looking at having replaced in the coming weeks at the same time my Indy is fitting a new clutch. My Indy suggested this to ensure that auto glass or national windscreens fit the glass properly

After turning down my quote from my OPC and my Insurance company advising I had to go with Autoglass if they wanted me to do it as a claim I went with Autoglass.

Autoglass advised me that they source their screens from the same place as Porsche and do a lot of the fitting on behalf of at OPCs. My screen looked the same as the one that came out including the top tint.

I took it to an AG centre to have it done and watched them like a hawk.

Do they use a genuine Porsche seal with the new screen or is the old one reusable? I have a small crack across the bottom corner of my screen and have been putting it off as it isn't really noticeable.

Stoo.c said:
Do they use a genuine Porsche seal with the new screen or is the old one reusable? I have a small crack across the bottom corner of my screen and have been putting it off as it isn't really noticeable.

My Insurance company allowed National Windscreens to order a new windscreen via my local OPC (Porsche Belfast) on my behalf and they even made sure I got as low a screen number close to 2003 that they could source (got an 2005 one). The guy who then came out to fit it was obviously a car guy and the type you want working on your car - a perfect job which included replacement of the seal with a genuine Porsche part supplied alongside the windscreen.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomiNozka
Back