Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Squeak from rear of car

Ursa911

Imola
As the thread suggests i have notices a squeak coming from the rear of the car, i can't pinpoint where its coming from but is either engine bay or exhaust area on the back of my C4S.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I've uploaded a couple of videos that i managed to take on my iphone last night to YouTube, please ignore the Blair Witch Project style filming skills.

Well now .. thats a coincidence .. ive just worked on a 996 C4 with the same sort of noise !

You need to get the airbox out then drive belt off and spin the idler pullys .. one i did was x1 idler pully and the alternator bearings .. in other words a new alternator .

Check water pump while you at it but if it was that then i would expect it to be dumping coolant .

Number plate rings a bell as well .. not 100% but i might have worked on that in the past .

Much appreciate your reply Demort, top man as always. I'll drop by the Indie tomorrow and see if he can take a quick look. Hopefully its not the alternator as the car has had new starter & battery in the last 12 months but seems to fire up and run well unless she's left standing for a week or so then slow to turn on first turn over.

My P&J has been around, started life in Sussex or Surrey, then to Scotland and now back down south with me in Kent so possible you have seen it in it's lifetime.

Aghh .. it started life in Sussex .. probably been to my old OPC or maybe even registered there and thats where i know it from .

Its probably going to be an idler pully .. not a huge cost to replace so dont worry too much :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back