Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2009 Cayman S Sport - worth it?

lethallegend72

I know these are limited edition of only 700 with only 60ish coming to the UK but are they worth the £25k+ they are being advertised at?

They still have the older engine and potential problems that come with them.. or is a newer gen2 car a better bet....

Its hard to say, the choice is wether you are up for the gamble of the gen 1 3.4 engine. I always liked the sport because of the high spec and bright colours however never bought one as it does seem to be about the most common bore score engine along with the 3.8 997.1. It's your money but i would source a gen2 for similar money.
Find me a low mileage green one for 20k though and i would take the gamble!!!

I owned one of these in viper green, great looking car. As previously said, they have a high spec. Mine did suffer from bore scoring and this resulted in the main dealer rebuilding the engine under warranty.

Overall great car and in viper green it really did stand out.

Yes those vehicles are a higher gamble if you're wallet could potentially sit you in a gen2. If it were me and it was on my bucket list to own one I'd be waiting for a untouched one, just as it came out of the factory. With the mind set that I'd have to swallow the Porsche pill and buy the usual Moll battery and have the rev range checked etc etc in order that I could put it back under a 2yr Porsche Insurance warranty.

Having said that the gen2 isn't without it's own problems and again I'd be wanting to get the vehicle back under Porsche warranty. I'd be thinking the gen2 has the updates all over the car from the engine power delivery and overall performance, interior, PCM3, potential general reliability, etc, etc.

So there's plenty to take into consideration which would give me the conclusion if I were to have one the main search criteria is would this vehicle go back under Porsche Warranty now they've extended they're length of years. Then I'd buy it, have fun driving it, washing and polishing it etc what ever makes you happy, and cross it off the bucket list.

:thumb:

for £25k a Gen 2 'S' must be a better/safer bet?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back