Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Multi Car Insurance.

michelin

Morning!
I'll be about to take the plunge soon for a 981 and the dreaded Insurance topic clearly raises it head!
I have a daily runner, Fiesta which is superb, and I'll be getting a 981 soon so who's best to go with?
I've had a quote of Admiral and the eyes popped out of my head! It was a multi car policy quote.
Thanks for you help
:thumb:

Unfortunately ive never had any luck over the last 5 years with multi car quotes. You can only use your NCB on one vehicle and this is where the problem lies. So for me, im using my 23 years NCB on my 997 turbo. When I have enquired about insuring a £500 old banger just to use as a daily instead of my Turbo, the Insurance companies say no problem, but you cant use your NCB on it. So they then quote me something like £1500 just to use the old banger which makes it financially not viable - hence i use the turbo as my daily. It actually worked out cheaper to get a quote on the 2nd car via confused.com with no NCB.

Madness really as you would have though that they would leap at the opportunity to reduce the risk of me having an accident in the turbo.

Ive tried nearly all the various companies and every year its been the same.

I have heard of rare occasions where Admiral have "mirrored" someones NCB onto a 2nd car, but that seems to be down to an inexperienced Insurance adviser and certainly not their normal policy. Ive asked them dozens of times.

Thanks Rab for the info :)

I've always used Admiral, I shopped about again at my last renewal and no one else came near. Me and my "spouse" have a 996 Turbo, M235i and Kia shortage for @£900 PA. I think this is pretty decent value- if may be down to postcode though?

And yes, they do mirror the NCB

I was with Admiral Multicar for several years but this years quote jumped considerably for no apparent reason.

I swapped to Aviva Multicar and saved about £300.

When I rang Admiral to cancel they keyed by details into the system as if I was a new customer and were able to match Aviva.

I told them to Foxtrot Oscar.

Ok, the usual internet surfing for hours continues :frustrated:
ADMIRAL:
£1800 for both cars which includes 25 years NCD.

CONFUSED.COM
Porsche £534 with my full NCD.
Fiesta £420 with no NCD but it does ask you when you this quote how long you've driven for, what NCD do you have on the other car etc so looks as if its taken into account in some way.

The wonders of 2 core telephone wire saves you £800 per year :thumb:

Thanks for the input chaps.

T8 said:
I was with Admiral Multicar for several years but this years quote jumped considerably for no apparent reason.

I swapped to Aviva Multicar and saved about £300.

When I rang Admiral to cancel they keyed by details into the system as if I was a new customer and were able to match Aviva.

I told them to Foxtrot Oscar.

Too true Terry - I have a yearly phone call to Admiral to "negotiate" I don't think the best price is always the online price...

Good point Terry.
Given that Admiral do a specific multi car policy maybe its best I call them. Hate calling Insurance companies!

michelin said:
Good point Terry.
Given that Admiral do a specific multi car policy maybe its best I call them. Hate calling Insurance companies!

Try an on-line quote with Aviva first. For 2 (and I think 3 cars) they'll do a multi-car quote on-line. For 4 you have to ring them.

Aviva came back with £1400 as a Multi Car policy.

I had my 997 insured with LV. When I bought an old focus to use for work, I spoke to them about it and they were excellent, offered me the following;

New policy with 0 NCD but all my driving history considered, premium slightly high at £330 but not too bad.

The best bit was that at the end of the first year, they would issue me with a second NCD that mirrored what I had on the 997. This was then useable as a totally separate NCD.

Could be worth giving them a try.

Good man JP :thumb:

I insure three cars on a multi car policy two are my full no claims and one my wife`s I usually insure with Aviva or Admiral eg. when renewal is due if I am insured with Aviva I run an online quote with Admiral get my quote then using my Top Cash Back account I get anything up to £80 cash back depending on what the offer is for new business.

Then the following year I do the same and get a quote from Aviva and do the same again through Top Cash Back and make a similar saving.

It usually works out quite a lot cheaper that way because it is new business and you get cash back.

Del.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back