Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Walking Away (for now)

Not Cool

Thought my 911 dream was going to happen this week.

Had my Holden Special Vehicle all set for a part-ex trade-in on a 977.1 CS. Had a test drive, but wanted Porsche Inspections to have a proper look. Nothing urgent or red-flagging, but turns out it will take a few quid to get the car to showroom condition inside and out (with the brakes suggested as first job as they're corroded and will affect performance).

in the end, I've decided the aggro/expense of it is not worth it. I will likely put my HSV on Auto Trader (where I would get more) and come back with all the money in my pocket for a 997.

Gutted it's not happening now, but time is on my side and something better will come along.

Knew I was posting too soon! :D

That's life with a used car. Things always need doing.

If its a basically good car, which it sounds like it is, then can you not use the points raised to get a bit of £ chipped off the price, or a contribution from the dealer for them to do the brakes pre-sale?

Or did it not float your boat in some other way?

Not cool!!! keep looking and keep posting on here we all love looking for cars for people :D saves us spending our moneylol

You might get lucky and a member on her might be selling and i'd rather buy from an enthusiast. good luck.

Trust your instinct! For you it's the right thing to do. As frustrating as it might be you will be glad you waited and THE ONE will feel all the more special for it ;)

As said, I think you are making the right decision, go with your gut instinct. There are plenty good cars out there and I'm sure the perfect one for you will turn up soon :thumb:

Not Cool said:
Thought my 911 dream was going to happen this week.

Had my Holden Special Vehicle all set for a part-ex trade-in on a 977.1 CS. Had a test drive, but wanted Porsche Inspections to have a proper look. Nothing urgent or red-flagging, but turns out it will take a few quid to get the car to showroom condition inside and out (with the brakes suggested as first job as they're corroded and will affect performance).

in the end, I've decided the aggro/expense of it is not worth it. I will likely put my HSV on Auto Trader (where I would get more) and come back with all the money in my pocket for a 997.

Gutted it's not happening now, but time is on my side and something better will come along.

Knew I was posting too soon! :D

When you buy get it right - bide your time

u should post your spec/requirements on here for upto £30k should give you a nice choice

on here will probably get more views....and admin can always move it ? :cop:

That's a good budget so should be easy enough.

Rsj have a nice C2S in stock.

Looking for a 3.8 Carrera S coupe. Manual. Higher spec the better, inc. parking assist, phone etc. Any upgrades welcome. Best possible condition.

Don't really want black (current car) or silver, but could be persuaded if great.

Mileage is not massively important as long as the service history is there, not really interested in aero kits, but specs are welcome!

Yes I know it`s overpriced, but it has everything you want plus low miles and ALL NEW brakes ...calipers,discs and pads etc.

My last car. He has changed the wheels from Lobster claws and added spacers. It really is a nice car if you could haggle a deal. He has a`good` margin in it :wink:

I have no affiliation with the dealer BTW, just would like to see the car being used again.

chaser said:
Yes I know it`s overpriced, but it has everything you want plus low miles and ALL NEW brakes ...calipers,discs and pads etc.

My last car. He has changed the wheels from Lobster claws and added spacers. It really is a nice car if you could haggle a deal. He has a`good` margin in it :wink:

I have no affiliation with the dealer BTW, just would like to see the car being used again.

Where is the car? Link?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back