Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A straight swop for mine

Nooooooo, don't do it. It is still a Jag. If you really want one wait a few years and pick one up for peanuts as an extra car.

MC

MisterCorn said:
Nooooooo, don't do it. It is still a Jag. If you really want one wait a few years and pick one up for peanuts as an extra car.

MC
Spot on.

Get a grip man!

One of my partners has one. The same as that actually but in white. Its the most benign, boring, gutless 'sportscar' i've ever had the opportunity to drive. The bigger engined fellow will be much better, but even then it will leave you feeling very flat compared to your 997 turbo.

:nooo:

I'm with you T8... one car that could coax me out of my 4S is an F Type Coupe.

I can't see them depreciating like old Jags used to... alu bodied XKRs still seem to command good money, these seem stronger still, even the early cabrios.

I forgot the prefix.

It will never happen but ........

T8 said:
.......... If I could persuade the missus to part-ex her GT86 for a 997C2 or even a 981 Cayman I could possibly be tempted.

She'd be really pleased if I chopped mine in for the F-type but wouldn't make the sacrifice herself.

Robertb said:
I'm with you T8... one car that could coax me out of my 4S is an F Type Coupe.

I can't see them depreciating like old Jags used to... alu bodied XKRs still seem to command good money, these seem stronger still, even the early cabrios.

I'm with you Robert and T8, I love the F Type, especially the R coupe (I know the one above isn't the R). What a coincidence as I was watching and reading about them most of last night. When they drop to £20k-£25k in 4 or 5 years time I'd love one as daily car.

I would still need a 911 as a weekend car though, for the purity.

Anyone on here watch these YouTube Vloggers like Shmee150, Seen through glass etc?
Schmee is a bit pompous for my liking and even STG is a bit, but he had a lovely F Type R Coupe. Plenty of content on YouTube. I must admit to enjoying Mr JWWs videos. I just like the editing and quality. Quite impressive for one or two guys in a car.

T8 I'd go for it if you could PX the GT86 for it, as that's swapping one depreciating car for another. Not sure I'd swap a 997T for it though.
The jags will just drop and drop. My boss had an XKR new in '07. Beautiful thing but it was worth £21k when he traded it in a few years later. I'm sure it was £70k new!

Good luck though. Nice position to be in. :thumb:

GT4 said:
I don't understand :dont know:

Sadly there's not much to explain.

Swmbo and I both love the F-Type but I wouldn't want to be Porscheless and she wouldn't give up her little red riceburner for something she wouldn't actually drive.

My playing on AT today and this thread was initiated by me watching a review of the F-Type on last nights 'Automondial' on Motors TV.

RedJedi said:
I am a bit confused too.....

:?

I'm happy to elaborate further but don't actually know what's causing the confusion.

I have a 911. My wife has a GT86. We both like the F-Type.

I'd consider selling my 911 and buying an F-Type IF my wife would swap her GT86 for a cheap 997 or a 981 Cayman.

Wouldn't the Mrs then have a Porsche and you'd have a Jag? I too am confused

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back