Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Very Interesting

PS1000

I first spotted this 997 (see link below) in October last year where it was for sale at Dove House for £49,990. In December I tried to get them to reduce the cost a little but they would not budge so I ended up going elsewhere. A couple of weeks later they reduced the price to £47,990.

Then in late December it disappeared - marked as sold on the Dove House website and turned up the next day on the Ashgood website priced at £49,990

Now it is on the Hexagon website at £59,995

What is happening ? are all these companies owned by the same person ? or do the different dealers buy and sell from each other ? or do they just hawk the cars around the different showrooms trying different prices until they hook a customer ?

Any insight into this appreciated

https://hexagonclassics.com/cars/porsche-911-997-carrera-2s-coupe-gen-ii-2011/

I can't understand why you'd advertise an 'immaculate' car and not bother to hoover the carpets or clean the pedals before the photos.

My father said a quote the other day along the lines of "if you had four antique dealers stranded on a desert island with one old chair, they would all make a good living"

It sounds like a private seller trying to sell on a 'Sale or Return' basis.

It looks like he wanted to clear £45k i.e after fees etc.. etc

Maybe Hexagon gave him that. :dont know:

Robertb said:
I can't understand why you'd advertise an 'immaculate' car and not bother to hoover the carpets or clean the pedals before the photos.

My father said a quote the other day along the lines of "if you had four antique dealers stranded on a desert island with one old chair, they would all make a good living"
:lol:

Robertb said:
....and replace the broken 'Carrera' badge!

~ Maxie :lol:

and what rat has damaged the steering wheel vertical spoke and top of the inner centre of the steering wheel,,,,,poor very poor car preparation

Maxie said:
Robertb said:
....and replace the broken 'Carrera' badge!

~ Maxie :lol:

I thought it was a Larrera special edition, hence the price.

T8 said:

I think it's likely the first two were doing SoR. As far as I know Hexagon don't do SoR....you can't really with there model of asking top dollar but being willing to sit on stock for up to a year.

I used to buy my BMW's from Hexagon when they still had the BMW dealership and the classic's were a substantial side line. Got to know the then Head of Sales very well....never bought used cars from them though as they were always very expensive!

I'd be more worried about the fact the C on the Carrera badge is partly missing and they don't seem to have spotted it!

Also meant to say - If anyone on the forum is thinking about this car please (in addition to the dirty carpets, broken badge and rat chewed steering wheel) check the claim that it has "Extended Navigation Module". In December it did not have any form of navigation installed. I was quite surprised that anyone had ticked the 'navigation delete' option - but they sure had !

Cheib said:
T8 said:

I think it's likely the first two were doing SoR. As far as I know Hexagon don't do SoR....you can't really with there model of asking top dollar but being willing to sit on stock for up to a year.

I obviously didn't make it clear but that's what I meant.

Excellent buy at at £48k, even £50k prepared properly, but £60k! :what:

£75k for the GTS Cab they've got is steep too IMO, 911v had one with even lower mileage for £65k a few months ago.

T8 said:
Cheib said:
T8 said:

I obviously didn't make it clear but that's what I meant.

Understood! It's a nice looking car and quite surprised Dove House didn't shift itin the high £40k's....although if it hasn't got PCM maybe not a surprise!

PS1000 said:
Also meant to say - If anyone on the forum is thinking about this car please (in addition to the dirty carpets, broken badge and rat chewed steering wheel) check the claim that it has "Extended Navigation Module". In December it did not have any form of navigation installed. I was quite surprised that anyone had ticked the 'navigation delete' option - but they sure had !

Yes, I contacted Ashgood in early December, specifically asking if it had the Nav Module, which wasn't included in their advert. They e-mailed back with a definite 'No'. For that reason I didn't go to view the car - in which I might otherwise have been interested.

So when it appeared on Hexagon 'with' a Nav module, I was a touch surprised. Then again, there's at least one 997 Gen 2 currently being advertised by a dealer saying it's got Cruise. I did go to see that one and it hasn't....!

Is it possible that the nav has been retrofitted?

Presumably all cars came with PCM, and the nav could have been installed if this was found by the seller to be a deal-breaker.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back