Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Muffler bypass mod any good?..

MattyR

Imola
Hi to the collective zoo!

I'm thinking of getting Precision to do the muffler bypass mod the ol' 993 for me. Does this sound any good? Are we talking loud or LOUD? Or is it a more subtle affair. I don't really care so long as the darn thing sounds nicer than my wife's Twinair Fiat 500. Standard 993s do sound a bit crap don't they.

I can recommend, I have this mod - much deeper bass at low revs and a bit of a growl sound when pressing on, best thing is no drone or booming at cruising speed, go on - go for it! :thumbs:

Yeh, cheers guys. I think I'll book it in with Precision.

Take care gents.

Is there anyone up North who can do this mod? South Yorkshire area would be good :thumbs:

How does this work, is it a permanent by pass or can it be turned on and off with a lever or something. Any guide as to cost.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=66202

See above for info.

Permanent (although full PSE arrangements are possible too, for much more money).

Otherwise, you are looking at circa £350 retail, or £75 if you get mates rates off your welder!

an excellent mod, mine was also done at precision, you will not regret it!!! dont think it makes the exhaust much loudee, just 'frutier'. if you track, you'll still pass 98db driveby days with this setup

rstaichi said:
Is there anyone up North who can do this mod? South Yorkshire area would be good :thumbs:

Looks like Sports & Classic in Nether Alderley, Cheshire would be a good choice. £299 + VAT for the job. ;)

C.

rstaichi said:

i'm in sheffield, wherabouts are you?
being a tight northerner i took them off myself and gave them to a stainless fabricator i know, who relieved me of £100 english pounds or so for both, job jobbed.
mine were cut open, baffles and wadding removed, minimal pipework left inside, welded back up, and refitted by my good self.
you are more than welcome to come listen to mine before you jump ship. it sounds fabulous and is exactly the same mod as done internally on RSR conversions i saw on Rennlist. you cant tell they have been modded externally.
:thumb:

rstaichi said:
I got mine done at Zorstec in Shipley (Bradford). They have got plenty of experience of doing these. Just decide what diameter bypass pipe you want. I think it cost me around £100 in 2013 but the boxes already off the car

Defiantly worth it.
Took my boxes to Hayward and Scott in Basildon, and, on their advice, went for 1 1/2 inch bypass tube.

Spot on.
Great noise on tickover, pulling away, not noticeable when crusing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back