Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Turbo Manual Cabriolet Midnight Blue

A shame it doesn't have the full wide bodied look (sills). Doesn't do anything for me.

Like all 993 cabs it's the fact that the roof doesn't fold down flush that I don't like... which is a fairly petty reason not to like a car, I admit!

Would rather have a 964 turbo or a 993 TT not a mixed bag made up of surplus parts in the factory :)

Dream911 said:
Would rather have a 964 turbo or a 993 TT not a mixed bag made up of surplus parts in the factory :)

I think you're missing the point. This is a Cab not a Coupe and would be a fun, quick car if open air motoring is your bag. ;)

The rarity (14 examples made) would also be great for an investment purchase too.

C.

cableguy said:
Dream911 said:

I think you're missing the point. This is a Cab not a Coupe and would be a fun, quick car if open air motoring is your bag. ;)

The rarity (14 examples made) would also be great for an investment purchase too.

C.

I`m not sure about the investment aspect over a purebred.

There always seems to be an "interesting" story behind a lot of these cars, the same as the 964 turbo cab which surfaced a couple of years ago and if I was looking for cars for a collection I`d still stick with a 964 3.6 turbo or a mint 993 TT.

Seems to be in lovely condition.......looks better with the roof up which I suppose defeats the purpose. My wife would like one or so she says.....

Do all cabs have that terrible looking wing mounted rubber antenna?

Tobesetc said:
Like all 993 cabs it's the fact that the roof doesn't fold down flush that I don't like... which is a fairly petty reason not to like a car, I admit![/quote

Funnily enough that is the only thing I don't like about my 968 cab. It looks badly thought through for a premium car

Would a standard 993 turbo engine and transmission not fit into the 993 cabriolet body shell? If it would go then that surely would have been an easier build...

tim993 said:
Would a standard 993 turbo engine and transmission not fit into the 993 cabriolet body shell? If it would go then that surely would have been an easier build...

They hadn't built it yet.

@colinc - good spot on the radio aerial

They have updated the listing with a guide price of Eur 850k-1m. Astonishing. I would have thought literally half that number.

Illuminati won't like that Blaupunkt...

:hand:

There aren't many things that would unstick Zingari's syrup . . . but I think this car might!
:grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back