Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Video: 5 things I love about my Boxster

isysman

Fellas, made another video about my Boxster. Much shorter this time, 5 things I love about my Boxster. 'Love' is a strong word but it's all the rage on YouTube to use that phrase so I caved to pressure from the search engines!

As always let me know what you think. I had some bad luck with the sun blasting in the car. I had a new windscreen fitted and it doesn't have the tinted part at the top any more. I tried to use cut aways as much as possible but inevitably I had to use some of it.

Enjoyed the vid, Isysman. You done one about your 911?

When the Boxster was first launched I hated them, what with sharing the front of the 996 etc. But now they've got their own identity I like them, prefer the hardtop'd Cayman obviously. But still like the modern Boxsters.

In fact, a mate with a 996.2 GT3 bought an original Boxster to make into a track car and Ive got to say, even the first model I have warmed to a little. And of course on those, parts are (relatively) cheap as chips and abundant as they share so many parts with the 996. His example was a showroom test car, so has all the options chucked at it. I told him to leave it standard but I still think he's going ahead with the track mule plan. Has very similar seats if not the same as his GT3 (Comfort) for example.

In a weird way, all the things we hated about the original Boxster in it's heyday, are now things we like about it!

I have said it before but I enjoy your Youtube content keep them coming, way better than most of the dross out there! :)

Yes, i meant to say that i too enjoyed your video.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

i'm actually intrigued as to how you captured all the different angles, plus who did you get to film the shots of you driving off in the car?

I'm a bit jealous that you listed PCCB as number one as I agonised over this option and ultimately just did not have the extra £5k to chuck at the car to include it. The standard brakes are pretty awesome as they stand, but it would be lovely not have brake-dust 'tainting' freshly cleaned wheels.

Whilst I've not driven a modern 911, compared to my old 993, the Boxster is a far more raw experience as there is very little between you the driver and the sound of that flat six, plus all the extra joy of driving with the hood down. I suppose also the turbos give my 993 a more muted exhaust sound, but the closed cockpit of a 911 and the engine set so much further back makes for a more serene and I suppose relaxing experience. I cannot really say which i prefer though.

tim

:thumb:

Thanks chaps.

I intend doing one in my 911 but not until the weather improves. I'm also going back to work next week so it will be a while before I do any more car videos. I'm going to try to finish a short update of my 911 (couple of minutes) and that will be it for a while.

The list was in no particular order except for number 5 which was I think the best thing about the car. I just sat down and wrote out the things I like the most about the car and that's how I wrote them down.

Multiple cameras angles can be done with multiple cameras but you tend to catch them in the shots in each camera so I do multiple runs along the same roads so I can switch the camera into different positions. If you'd been in that area that day you would have seen a crazy person driving up and down the road all day.

For the drive by shots I employed my niece to stand with the camera so it wasnt stolen and we communicated via radios so she could tell me the road was clear. It's amazing how much work goes into making it look like you're just driving down the road!

Interesting to hear the tricks of the trade! Will look forward to anymore media you put forward.

Hi Isysman,

Are these videos you are making just for pleasure/forum buddies or are you trying to get possible work from them as a presenter?

If they are the former, then great job :thumb:

I can appreciate the hours and work you've put into them.

If you want to get work, I can give you some tips, which I hope you won't take too personally....

Hi Kimbo,

They are just for fun, and I'm enjoying the process of filming and learning how to edit etc. But I'm definitely interested in any constructive criticism. To be honest I'm more interested in the film making process than being in front of the camera but I accept I need to do that in some videos if I want to make that kind of video.

I only ask because I know there are people who do this sort of thing and can make money from it from You Tube etc. If you were going down that route then the sun glare through the windscreen might put some people off, but I think you know that already. Maybe try the camera on the passenger window facing you?

As mentioned, good job and glad you're doing this. The videos get better every time.

:thumbs: ......... apart from the :wink: to 8) continuity error at 6'26.

Kimbo said:
I only ask because I know there are people who do this sort of thing and can make money from it from You Tube etc. If you were going down that route then the sun glare through the windscreen might put some people off, but I think you know that already. Maybe try the camera on the passenger window facing you?

As mentioned, good job and glad you're doing this. The videos get better every time.

Thanks, I feel they get a little better each time too. Yeah as soon as I watched the footage I saw the glare. Very annoying. I almost deleted the whole thing but I thought I'd just use lots of cutaways to minimise it. I had a new windscreen fitted and it has no graduated sun screen at the top like the original so it caught me out.

Problem is I've been using a GoPro for interior shot and you can't see what you're doing until you watch it. So just before I left the UK I went out and bought a Canon M10 which is a compact that you can swap lenses with flip out screen, so I'll be able to see what I'm going in future.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back