Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

944 balance shaft spanner WTD

Gazc2

Well dropped the engine off this morning with my mate who is going to replace the seals,belts etc being an ex opc mech he has a variety of magic tools required to work on various models however doesn't have a balance shaft sprocket spanner so wondering if anyone has one I could borrow or take of your hands if no longer required (P9200 is the tool number I believe)

cheers

Gaz

Hi Gaz, I used one today a friend had made with a length of metal box section and a couple of studs welded on the end. Unfortunately I had to give it straight back to him this evening but if the guy has a welder he could make one easy?

Hi Ian hope you had a good festive period sound as though your cracking on with the 944, sure we will manage something just thought I would ask first.

The main leak I have is the front crank/oil pump seal so stripping all the rollers,nbelts etc give everything a good clean and replace the above seal and balance shaft seals, the two "O" rings on the Oil Breather were also completely shot which was where all the oil was coming from at the back of the engine so making some progress all be it a slowly.

So have you got rid of your vibration with your new belts/set up ?

I expect yours to look like this ! nice LS3 fitted

Gaz :D :D

Attachments

• 57_4_166.jpg
    57_4_166.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 8,778
Nice!

I haven't finished re assembly yet Gaz, I'm working on her on Friday so I'll know if the shakes have gone by Saturday. I really enjoyed doing the belts but it's a bit of a design flaw having to remove absolutely everything just to get the rear plastic cover off to do the water pump!

Massive top tip, don't be a chomp and fit the new thermostat befor you instal the new pump! Doh

I was looking to make this tool myself for my imminent engine rebuild but by the time I get around to it, it'll be too late for you.

igaffz said:
Massive top tip, don't be a chomp and fit the new thermostat before you install the new pump! Doh

I feel your pain with the Thermostat, I had to almost dislocate my wrists to install mine into my pre-installed waterpump.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back