Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Decided against this one

eatapeach

So I've been looking for a 997 turbo for a long time. I sold my 964 a while ago and have been looking for a turbo since.

I have decided against this one which I viewed today. It's a little pricey and too nice for a daily driver http://www.lewisjamesprestige.co.uk/porsche-911-turbo-474-bhp-in-yorkshire-6089492

This has also been considered but I'm put off by the dealer rep
http://www.asmperformance.co.uk/used-PORSCHE-911-Milton-Keynes-Buckinghamshire-806879

So it's back to square one....if you know of a 997 tt Gen 1 or 1.5, auto or manual then pls let me know
I've also considered a 996 - why hasn't the yellow one in Jn 17 sold does anyone know??

I cant/wont comment on either of those cars, other than one of them has been around a while. I started looking in October 2015 and only finally got a deposit down in November 2016.

Give Joel a call at RSJ, Steve at RPM and the chaps at JZM...strike up a relationship. Call them regulatly and keep asking them what's coming in. It pays to know these guys I have found. There are others of course.

There was an olive one a few days ago on Pistonheads. Keep looking, don't get down hearted...

Stick on this forum, stick a wanted ad and keep asking if anyone knows of one. I'm genuinely astonished how helpful, non judgemental and sometimes funny! this bunch are.

Good luck, well worth the wait and search.

997Ts really seem to be 'flavour of the month' so expect competition for any that are advertised.

There are a lot on the market but most are Tip's. As you're not bothered either way there'll be more open to you.

People will be put off by the interior colour of the Lewis James car so you might be able to get it at a knock-down price. That said it's a manual so will cost you more than an equivalent Tip'. The PCCBs will always command a premium too.

When you say you've been looking for a long time ....... how long :?:

I only ask as they were a lot cheaper 18 months ago than they are now and there's always been a lot around. Are you kicking yourself for not jumping in sooner?

ps. Congrats on your first post. :thumb:

There are about 70 for sale on Pistonheads at the moment. None of them take your fancy?

Quattro3232 said:
I cant/wont comment on either of those cars, other than one of them has been around a while. I started looking in October 2015 and only finally got a deposit down in November 2016.

Give Joel a call at RSJ, Steve at RPM and the chaps at JZM...strike up a relationship. Call them regulatly and keep asking them what's coming in. It pays to know these guys I have found. There are others of course.

There was an olive one a few days ago on Pistonheads. Keep looking, don't get down hearted...

When you say you've been looking for a long time ....... how long

Thanks! I had a call from Joel at RSJ re another car, but it was sold, he then emailed me with a new stock car but it sold in a couple of hours. It will take time I know - I've spent about 12 months looking on and off but will wait for the right car to come. RSJ have a silver 997 but the mileage is just a little too high...

The Lewis James car - I actually like the interior but I still think the price is high, plus the lack of a drive in the car puts me off somewhat :eek:

I guess it's the ASM car that has been around a while

Where in the country are you based?

eatapeach said:
The Lewis James car - I actually like the interior but I still think the price is high, plus the lack of a drive in the car puts me off somewhat

They won't let you test drive it?

i think that interior is spoils the car and is the reason the car has been for sale for some time

kozzi said:
There are about 70 for sale on Pistonheads at the moment. None of them take your fancy?

Exactly. I bought mine after a 2 hour search. Bam- job done! Had it 13 months now and love it!

eatapeach said:
So I've been looking for a 997 turbo for a long time. I sold my 964 a while ago and have been looking for a turbo since.

I have decided against this one which I viewed today. It's a little pricey and too nice for a daily driver http://www.lewisjamesprestige.co.uk/porsche-911-turbo-474-bhp-in-yorkshire-6089492

This has also been considered but I'm put off by the dealer rep
http://www.asmperformance.co.uk/used-PORSCHE-911-Milton-Keynes-Buckinghamshire-806879

So it's back to square one....if you know of a 997 tt Gen 1 or 1.5, auto or manual then pls let me know
I've also considered a 996 - why hasn't the yellow one in Jn 17 sold does anyone know??

Interesting you say that you discounted the second one due to the dealer reputation! I drive past them every day, they used to be just an ordinary second hand car dealer and transformed themselves a few years ago and now the showroom is always packed with exotica! They currently have 2 GT3 RS' amongst other fantastic cars. The showroom is in Fenny Stratford, odd place for a super car dealer, must shift a lot of cars. Might pop in one day and suss them out!

The blue car at Lewis James had over £50k of mods via Cargraphic. They won't give a test drive as it has cel light that no-one seems to be able to fix. Probably just needs a new lambada sensor.

ASM are fine. I've met the owner and he's a good guy. He also runs UK arm of ES Motors and holds the current VMAX record for a 911. I'd have no isue buying from Amir. :thumb:

Given the current market isn't that asm car decently priced for a gen 1.5 turbo ?

wildej said:
Given the current market isn't that asm car decently priced for a gen 1.5 turbo ?

Good spot. :thumb: Yes, it is.

IMI A said:
The blue car at Lewis James had over £50k of mods via Cargraphic. They won't give a test drive as it has cel light that no-one seems to be able to fix. Probably just needs a new lambada sensor.

ASM are fine. I've met the owner and he's a good guy. He also runs UK arm of ES Motors and holds the current VMAX record for a 911. I'd have no isue buying from Amir. :thumb:

I don't know ASM - but they don't seem to have a good rep on here. No Lewis James won't let you test drive - they stated as the car was prepped they wanted to have a deposit, then I could do a rev check/PPI, then test drive on the day I wanted to collect. One of the reasons I've swerved it. The interior I like .

I might go and look at that car in ASM - does anyone know about it? They seem to ask lower prices than RSJ/RPM

eatapeach said:
IMI A said:

not sure why that ASM car is still there! It's a 1.5 so pcm 3! Not sure about the S after the turbo though. It was for sale when I was looking in June.

I don't know ASM - but they don't seem to have a good rep on here. No Lewis James won't let you test drive - they stated as the car was prepped they wanted to have a deposit, then I could do a rev check/PPI, then test drive on the day I wanted to collect. One of the reasons I've swerved it. The interior I like .

I might go and look at that car in ASM - does anyone know about it? They seem to ask lower prices than RSJ/RPM
it was for sale in June when I started looking,

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a1jgh
Back