Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Price Predictions for all 997's in this Forum for 2017..!!

Boba fett

Magny-Cours
So, what do we think...

Will GTS's, 997.2 Turbo's go up, and will a 997.1 NA without a Rebuild go down ?

Will the 997.1 Turbo rise some more and take on the .2, and will manual's after all that's happened become even more sought after ?

Lets post up what we think will be wise buys for this time next year.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I hope I'm not jinxing myself/my car but I really don't understand why people are so paranoid about their engines going pop. I thought it was less than 10% of cars that have issues....think I read that on the forum. That being the case, more than 90% are simply fantastic sports cars. Right?

Given it costs only ~£250 to get a car checked and thus a clean bill of health I see little reason for this issue to impact the rise or fall of 997.1's.

Generally however I think most Porsche owners want the newest....which generally means best 911 they can afford so when newer generation car prices start to fall I think only the rarest and best older models are likely to retain value. Old air cooled models apart as I believe changes/improvements since have been relatively minor; electronic steering, NA v's turbos etc.

Re: Price Predictions for all 997's in this Forum for 2017..

Boba fett said:

996 :thumb:

alex yates said:
Boba fett said:

Apart from swearing, did you take some time to read the thread title before posting matey?

alex yates said:
Boba fett said:

I agree :grin:

997.1 turbo tips with under 30k miles will rise by 20%. By May.

Definitely...... :whistle:

(Isn't that how these threads work....... :dont know: )

New997buyer said:
997.1 turbo tips with under 30k miles will rise by 20%. By May.

Definitely...... :whistle:

(Isn't that how these threads work....... :dont know: )

Good point.

Be nice to avoid the "what one own's will go through the roof" for once !!

Bonners1 said:
I hope I'm not jinxing myself/my car but I really don't understand why people are so paranoid about their engines going pop. I thought it was less than 10% of cars that have issues....think I read that on the forum. That being the case, more than 90% are simply fantastic sports cars. Right?

Given it costs only ~£250 to get a car checked and thus a clean bill of health I see little reason for this issue to impact the rise or fall of 997.1's.

Generally however I think most Porsche owners want the newest....which generally means best 911 they can afford so when newer generation car prices start to fall I think only the rarest and best older models are likely to retain value. Old air cooled models apart as I believe changes/improvements since have been relatively minor; electronic steering, NA v's turbos etc.

I am sure not everyone is paranoid but if you have a Gen 1 then you would be bonkers to believe it's never going to happen, it's a question of how much risk you are prepared to take and what you do to mitigate that risk.

Personally I'm hoping the price of GT3's plummet like a stone :thumb:

Seriously, except for the limited run versions I can't see the standard cars doing anything other than a gradual, slow depreciation. Mostly due to the sheer number of 997's built compared to any other model before it.

As a whole i think the 997.1 NA prices will remain pretty solid as they have all of 2016 and just drop slightly the 997.2s will stay quite steady as always in demand.

it will be interesting to see if 997.1 turbos continue to rise or plateau a bit as the newer models become more affordable it might tempt some to move on, i think the 996.2 turbos seem to have almost reached a maximum price now.

But overall not much change as at £20-30k for a 997.1 or £40-50k for a 997.2 there aren't many options to buy something better in my view for that kind of money which is why most of us seem to keep our cars for some time.

Bonners1 said:

As Cueball has just lost the engine on his 996 you might want to rethink that!

10% fall across the board except GT3 and Turbo S which will stay static :bandit:

:yeah:

E46 M3 is the next car to go silly, buy a cheap but good 997.1 and get a futureproof rebuild done, epic car for the price of an average new VW.

Wishful thinking but the inevitable 991.2 price hike will see 991 prices hold firm, early 997.1 values rise slightly and 997.2 values hold. Late Turbos and GT variants will continue to bounce back a little, with owners trading up due to strong residuals in their own cars. The rocket ship and NA hype is real!

The 911RSR & new GT cars will fuel the Porsche hypetrain.

I guess it all depends on 991.2 sales volumes, if the demand is as high as the OPC would have us believe then I can see values hold across the used market with exceptional & very low mileage examples increasing in value, especially those with low stances and wider hips.

Buyers moving from other saturated German manufacturers tired of losing 40% or so in the first 2 years now in the market for a new Cayman S will see the value off the used 911 market. Like me! :p

I am dreaming of no more than a 4% drop on the original RRP on the 997.2 C4S I just bought ;) I will also continue to buy lottery tickets with the same level of optimism :D

Bonners1 said:
I hope I'm not jinxing myself/my car but I really don't understand why people are so paranoid about their engines going pop.

I'm on my 5th 911, all of them were checked before purchase and 4 out of 5 have required engine rebuilds. So there is a good reason for some of us.

I'm not saying I was paranoid with a M96 engine, but I do sleep better at night now I have a DFI engine.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back