Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 turbo exhaust

silvermilnec

Guys sorry for starting another thread!!
Now I know you can't mod the original exhaust like the gundo mod my dilemma slightly different.
I've never modded a car for performance and don't think I want too now! I'd rather stick to the safety of modding the interior :D
I also don't want to take any risks with the engine!
I got a quote from europipe for a stage 1 using my existing tips of £3000 plus shipping, is that as cheap as it gets remembered I'm only wanting to get the PSE sound or slightly better.
Again thanks for any advice!!

silvermilnec said:
Now I know you can't mod the original exhaust like the gundo mod my dilemma slightly different.
I've never modded a car for performance and don't think I want too now! I'd rather stick to the safety of modding the interior :D
I got a quote from europipe for a stage 1 using my existing tips of £3000 plus shipping, is that as cheap as it gets remembered I'm only wanting to get the PSE sound or slightly better.

A Kline 200 cell will work out cheaper than that I think, also utilising the stock tips. Ask Ken@9e as he is a stockist/fitting centre I believe. Performance wise, Kline quote 16hp, so hardly earth shattering, though the accelerator works both ways :grin:

In other words lift off a little if you are going too fast!

DynoMike said:
silvermilnec said:

A Kline 200 cell will work out cheaper than that I think, also utilising the stock tips. Ask Ken@9e as he is a stockist/fitting centre I believe. Performance wise, Kline quote 16hp, so hardly earth shattering, though the accelerator works both ways :grin:

cheers I'll give them a ring, I take it with a stage 1 I don't need any kind of remap?

silvermilnec said:

Risks ? its a Mezger that you have is it not ?

Are you on a budget ??

silvermilnec said:
DynoMike said:
silvermilnec said:

cheers I'll give them a ring, I take it with a stage 1 I don't need any kind of remap?

I don't think you will need a remap but please be guided by them on this. Have just purchased a Kline for my 996T but weather/work/man-flu have stopped me getting it fitted yet. The cats are HJS HD versions, very robust and good quality.

Boba fett said:
silvermilnec said:

Are you on a budget ??
Cheers yes boba it is and not made of chocolate as advised by you 6 months ago lol when I had the 997.1 4S and always on a budget I'm from Yorkshire lol

silvermilnec said:
Boba fett said:
silvermilnec said:

Are you on a budget ??
Cheers yes boba it is and not made of chocolate as advised by you 6 months ago lol when I had the 997.1 4S and always on a budget I'm from Yorkshire lol

Well they are and not a tasty chocolate, however, You have a Turbo now, so no such thing as Budget.

Nearly every thread says get a Klien, so just dig a little deeper to avoid disappointment.

You will not get the NA Porsche sound from any, but what you will get from the Klein is something unique, something better (meaty and lit jet engine sound) and far better than the OE Mute.

:thumb:

Boba fett said:
silvermilnec said:
Boba fett said:
silvermilnec said:

Are you on a budget ??

Well they are and not a tasty chocolate, however, You have a Turbo now, so no such thing as Budget.

Nearly every thread says get a Klien, so just dig a little deeper to avoid disappointment.

You will not get the NA Porsche sound from any, but what you will get from the Klein is something unique, something better (meaty and lit jet engine sound) and far better than the OE Mute.

cheers as always I'm sure it's good advice!!

silvermilnec said:
Boba fett said:
silvermilnec said:
Boba fett said:
silvermilnec said:

Are you on a budget ??

Take it or leave...one thing you will get from me is a non-sugar coated response or advice.

Had lots of Porka's, made loads of mistakes from some so called bloody experts...

So, after a number of years, you can Call me Ronson if you like :thumb:

Boba fett said:
silvermilnec said:
Boba fett said:
silvermilnec said:
Boba fett said:
silvermilnec said:

Are you on a budget ??

Take it or leave...one thing you will get from me is a non-sugar coated response or advice.

Had lots of Porka's, made loads of mistakes from some so called bloody experts...

:thumbs:

Boba fett said:
silvermilnec said:
Boba fett said:
silvermilnec said:
Boba fett said:
silvermilnec said:

Are you on a budget ??

:thumbs:

Give me a call - will give you best price for any Kline exhaust system. Not on our website but we have new website coming soon.

997.1 Turbo is sensitive to o2 ranges so you have three choices
1. Fit the 200 cell version and no mapping required
2. Fit the 100 cell version and have mapping done to increase the ranges so that you don't get any check engine lights or...
3. Fit either 100 cell or decat version and have tuning.

No reason to worry about engine with the right tuning. We run 620ps with different vtg on stock engines that get abused all the time without any issues. Exhaust and tuning will get you 550ps.

You will however for option 3 need an upgraded clutch, well certainly you would with our tuning.

Ken

silvermilnec said:
j

That's the beast ....I have recently fitted the Inconel version to my Turbo S ..and I can vouch that the sound is transformed AND I get the distinct feel that the torque is delivered more linearly ...

Be careful with the turbo / cat studs and bolts though and be ready to replace a number of them ....

Just go for it , money well spent I say....!

Love it ...
Terry

While the Kline system definitely seems a great way to go (and clearly many people do), I ended up going for the Capristo system as they are highly rated for other supercars and I fancied something a little different - plus it sounds fantastic on open-valves, very jet-engine, but all controllable for pootling around:

http://www.capristouk.com/products/porsche/997-mk-i-turbogt2/

I struggled to find someone who had one that I could hear before buying it. From memory I paid what the OP is being quoted for the Europipe, £3k all in. on a special deal at the time. Went for the 200 cell version so no remap needed.

For me it was about getting a better noise but there is some power gain too, only marginal though i think.

cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back