Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

People with lowering springs...

steve996

Time to pick your brains.

After much deliberation, I recently fitted the M030 suspension kit from Porsche (rollbars, springs, dampers, plus top mounts, bump stops, etc) and now it's time to have the geometry done.

However, I can't help but think that the car could go a little lower. The answer is obviously lowering springs. What I would like is a set that compliment the M030 setup so no harder than the existing springs as I live in a fairly rural area and I like my spine the way it is.

So, as it makes sense to fit the springs before having the geometry done, what Spring kits can you recommend?

Thank you in advance...

The new springs will settle a bit more with time. I had the same kit fitted to my 996 a few years ago. At first it did not look any lower than the old standard suspension but it did drop a bit and now the front catches on the ramp leaving my works car park which it did not with the original suspension or with the MO30 when that was new.

I used techart springs which are made by eibach but to a different tolerance and spec as they lower 20mm without PASM or 15mm with PASM which was just where I wanted it as some of the others drop 25mm or 30mm which was a bit to low for what I wanted. :thumb:

JKH112 said:
The new springs will settle a bit more with time. I had the same kit fitted to my 996 a few years ago. At first it did not look any lower than the old standard suspension but it did drop a bit and now the front catches on the ramp leaving my works car park which it did not with the original suspension or with the MO30 when that was new.

I agree with this. Mine came with M030 as a factory fitted option and I have just had a completely new M030 kit fitted by SCS Porsche in Devon. The new set up sits a bit higher than the old and I am expecting it to settle over time. I also live in a rural area and would not want it to be any lower.

Thanks for the replies!

Gurmot said:
JKH112 said:

I agree with this. Mine came with M030 as a factory fitted option and I have just had a completely new M030 kit fitted by SCS Porsche in Devon. The new set up sits a bit higher than the old and I am expecting it to settle over time. I also live in a rural area and would not want it to be any lower.

Funny that, they are the blokes who service my car and it will be going to them for geometry. I guess we must live fairly locally to each other!

I have the Eibach springs, both H&R and Eibach provide all that you want from lowering springs without any unwanted harshness :thumb:

Also there's a rarely available Eibach made Techart spring set currently going cheap on eBay :thumbs:

jezgreen911 said:
I have the Eibach springs, both H&R and Eibach provide all that you want from lowering springs without any unwanted harshness :thumb:

Also there's a rarely available Eibach made Techart spring set currently going cheap on eBay :thumbs:

Noted - now on my watch list. Thanks for the heads up! :thumb:

Edit - the sellers feedback is terrible but I've bought them. Let's see what I end up with. :lol:

Really tempted to go for the Eibach springs as I'd love to have it lowered a little, but scared at how low the front goes!

Jay. said:
Really tempted to go for the Eibach springs as I'd love to have it lowered a little, but scaired at how low the front goes!

I've not been stopped in my tracks by a speed bump but to be honest I have had a few heart in the mouth moments, no regrets though, for me they transformed the car :thumb:

steve996 said:
Time to pick your brains.

After much deliberation, I recently fitted the M030 suspension kit from Porsche (rollbars, springs, dampers, plus top mounts, bump stops, etc) and now it's time to have the geometry done.

However, I can't help but think that the car could go a little lower. The answer is obviously lowering springs. What I would like is a set that compliment the M030 setup so no harder than the existing springs as I live in a fairly rural area and I like my spine the way it is.

So, as it makes sense to fit the springs before having the geometry done, what Spring kits can you recommend?

Thank you in advance...

Mine came from the factory with M030 but previous owner put H&R springs on it to take it lower. The ride and handling are fantastic but you must be aware that you will be buying a new splitter at some point due to all the ground scrapping that you will get. It does make the car look good though!

Attachments

• img_0102_620.jpg
    img_0102_620.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 5,216
Madasmad said:
Mine came from the factory with M030 but previous owner put H&R springs on it to take it lower. The ride and handling are fantastic but you must be aware that you will be buying a new splitter at some point due to all the ground scrapping that you will get. It does make the car look good though!

I've got to say that your example looks spot on! That's exctly where I want the ride height. Externally, mine is a stock C2 so no splitter (at the moment) which should afford me a bit more clearance.

jezgreen911 said:
Jay. said:
Really tempted to go for the Eibach springs as I'd love to have it lowered a little, but scaired at how low the front goes!

I've not been stopped in my tracks by a speed bump but to be honest I have had a few heart in the mouth moments, no regrets though, for me they transformed the car :thumb:

Do you have a splitter? I've caught mine at standard ride height a couple of times so I can only imagine it'll scrape more often

Jay. said:
jezgreen911 said:
Jay. said:

Do you have a splitter? I've caught mine at standard ride height a couple of times so I can only imagine it'll scrape more often

No, standard (clean :grin: ) facelift Carrera bodywork

Jay. said:
jezgreen911 said:
Jay. said:

I think strictly the aerokit doesn't have them, but the genuine gt3 does. I fitted one as a sacrificial measure as much as anything. A new splitter is a heck of a lot cheaper than a new pu.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back