Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 ever growing parts list

Ghengis

Evening all, just in the process of putting together a shopping list of parts I need to buy in the very near future.
Where currently is the best/most cost conscious place to buy 964 parts? Looking at Rosepassion and they seem pretty good v's Design 911. May go to main dealer tomorrow as they have often surprised me previously.

Lots of rubber seals required, external trim pieces, rear light lenses and rear bumper heat shields are among the goodies I'm looking for.

Any other companies I should be considering?

Happy holidays by the way.

Have usually found rosepassion to be the cheapest and their service is good too. Bought loads of stuff from them for the '64 over the last couple of years, including a few of the bits you mention above.
:thumb:

Euro Car Parts look to have a sale on at the moment Thomas. Code "xmas"

Happy shopping :)

Chris

Hi Thomas,

I almost always use OPC, get decent discount and parts are readily available. Even manage to get new fuel tubes between Christmas and New Year within a couple of days.

I also use Euro Car parts and take advantage of the numerous sales.

Happy buying

Steve

"VM parts are parts fitted by the vehicle manufacturer"
It says if you click on the link describing the part so I'd say yes it's likely to be original.
Though it's always worth checking OPC some things I've found to be cheaper than ECP with the 10% discount you'd get if you tell them you're a member of the owners club ..... Even if your not they don't check.
Also are you registered with ECP, if you are they send an email every other day offering a 30% discount
Lastly have you considered changing the lenses only, ECP sell them, it's a diy job but from what I've read on Rennlist as long as the instructions are followed it seems to work .... Involves cooking them in the oven, take the chicken out first though and preferably if you have another half wait till she's out, just as I will when cleaning my cam tower in the dishwasher :roll:

Thanks for the reply Avi, I decided to hang on and check out OPC. As you say ECP have sales every other day and even have a decent sale on until end of Jan.

Just wasn't sure about quality but got to be better than the shabby ones I have. I did look at the lense covers but after spending on the reps ray I want to get a proper finish.

Hi, I found the link for just the lenses
http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt70_192_-cma81-cmo107/Porsche/964--911--1989-94/Indicators-Rear/
It's design 911 not ECP
Though for whatever reason they're selling then almost £30 cheaper on eBay
£72 each including postage
If you're reasonably competent at diy they would look as new when fitted.

Just noticed that you'd replied, yes a complete new lens would be the easier option, albeit more costly ... Maybe I'm just a cheapskate bargain hunter ha :nooo:

AVI_8 said:
http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt70_192_-cma81-cmo107/Porsche/964--911--1989-94/Indicators-Rear/
It's design 911 not ECP

Just noticed that you'd replied, yes a complete new lens would be the easier option, albeit more costly ... Maybe I'm just a cheapskate bargain hunter ha :nooo:

Im mid-way through a refurb of both rear lights, using the replacement lenses. I'll let you lads know how I get on, by updating on my build thread :). problem is im refurbing my BBS LMs at the same time!

Thanks again to Ian and Steve for light donations, it's taken all 3 so far!

Chris

Ghengis said:
I decided to hang on and check out OPC.

Hi Thomas,

Bought my lights and reflectors from our local OPC very recently, if you are interested I can dig out the invoice and let you know prices.

Before Garry painted my car, I had the reflector and lights wrapped, which I really liked, but as soon as I got the car back I thought it deserved new bits. I often ponder wrapping the new parts as I prefer the darker red effect.

Steve

Hi Steve, if you wouldn't mind letting me know via PM what you paid I would appreciate it. Lots to buy, so looking for good value being a skinflint!

deutschland-dobson said:
AVI_8 said:
It's design 911 not ECP

Im mid-way through a refurb of both rear lights, using the replacement lenses. I'll let you lads know how I get on, by updating on my build thread :). problem is im refurbing my BBS LMs at the same time!

Thanks again to Ian and Steve for light donations, it's taken all 3 so far!

Chris

Chris, would be good if you could, especially with some pics showing the process

Ghengis said:
Hi Steve, if you wouldn't mind letting me know via PM what you paid I would appreciate it.

Done that Thomas

Steve

Mr Bacchus said:
Ghengis said:
I often ponder wrapping the new parts as I prefer the darker red effect.

Steve

I light spray with red tint may be the better and more natural looking option Steve :)

Chris

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back