Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spoiler question

rstaichi

Silverstone
Looking to add a spoiler to my narrow body car which would be the correct fitment width wise? I'm wanting this to be affective and not just for the looks.. would 46.5 inches wide spoiler be out of place on a NB.. What width is the Road RS spoiler ??
Cheers guys

The front end on NB & WB 993's is the same, although the bumpers were different. WB cars had the Turbo look bumper.

Not a massive choice when it comes to add-ons. RS style and Techart are pretty much it for NB and Turbo S add-on for the Turbo/WB Cars.
There will be a little more choice if you look around, however be careful with aftermarket fibreglass parts as I've read lots of horror stories re fitment.

C.

Thanks mate will have a good look around and keep away from aftermarket fiberglass add on's

Check out Carnewal. They sell the RS rear spoiler for €1995.00 :eek:

OP ........ are we talking front or rear spolers? ......... Design911 has a big selection of both front and rear spoilers ........ I have always quite fancied going duck tailed for the rear ........ but I doubt if I will ever do it.

p.s. The RS rear spoiler is quoted as £695 on their web site .......

It's the rear spoiler, very undecided at the moment as i don't want it looking out of place on the narrow body , i'd like a Road RS rear just wondered if there were any UK company's doing these

^^ it wouldn't look out of place as the RS is narrow bodied... :?

remember to put the front half spoiler front pieces on at the same time otherwise you'll get some exciting handling characteristics at speed :wink:

as mentioned above there's a few imitation ones available for reasonable £ but if you are looking for an original one then as with most things it's going to be a fair few £ more...

there's a place selling an RS clubsport wing set, original rear and copy front full width splitter for....€9.9k :grin:

rstaichi said:
It's the rear spoiler, very undecided at the moment as i don't want it looking out of place on the narrow body , i'd like a Road RS rear just wondered if there were any UK company's doing these

I didn't know there was a difference ....... I thought the rear RS spoiler was ...... er ....... just that ........ :dont know:

........ Have you checked out the Design911 site .......

p.s. ...... just had a think about that and yes there a couple of variants ........ they have them all on the site ........ I think the one you are talking about is the more simple one ....... :)

Thanks for the info will have a look at design911 website..
I'll prob go for a clubsport front end with the simple RS rear spoiler.. i dont want to go too mad with mods just looking to make the car look alittle more aggressive :evil:

^^^Some well priced stuff there :thumb: Lost me at the 'make your 993 look like a GT3RS' bit :hand: :grin:

I've got this chin spoiler and plan to add these side and rear bits this year.

Attachments

• 993rs4_916.jpg
    993rs4_916.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 3,821
NottsRS said:
^^^Some well priced stuff there :thumb: Lost me at the 'make your 993 look like a GT3RS' bit :hand: :grin:

Literally amazing!

I am holding out for the Macan conversion kit before I fit it to my own 993!? :sad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back