Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Going rate for 993 man ??

vroomvroom

Montreal
Xmas break and thoughts turn to buying a decent sorted man coupe 993 -no issues over miles.

What should I be looking to pay ??
And point me in the direction of one....

If it's end up being 997 gen 2 money - I'll put the idea of a 993 away again for another year....

Cheers

Pistonheads is as good as any to get a guide. It will be Gen 2+ money unless you are happy with 100k+ miles and even then a sorted one will still be knocking on the door of Gen 2 money.

Who knows, next yeah they might be GT3 money.

That all said there is a member here callled Zingari that always seems to know where you can pick one up for 25 bags however to quote the man himself, " it's all smoke and mirrors" as I haven't seen any at that price for years.

25 bags!! :floor:

If its not for investment potential (although I think 993's are done for now) just get a 997 Gen 2, far better car, and just as pretty if not prettier.

they have gone up from last year, I cant see anything under 40k nowadays.

150+ thousand miles not an issue

But prefer a sorted car (scuttle, chassis, suspension etc etc etc etc)

Do they exist at c£40k ???

Boba fett said:
If its not for investment potential (although I think 993's are done for now) just get a 997 Gen 2, far better car, and just as pretty if not prettier.

no way prettier, no way.

Do you have a McLaren?

If so, I don't know what a 997 would give you. A 993 would be a totally different driving experience, in a classic car kind of way.

Palladium said:
Boba fett said:

no way prettier, no way.

That's your opinion. I have mine.

Kimbo said:
Do you have a McLaren?

If so, I don't know what a 997 would give you. A 993 would be a totally different driving experience, in a classic car kind of way.

Sold the Mclaren last month - wait till march for next super toy.
My daily is Range Rover sport so looking for a bit of fun.

I've had a 993 before - had a late 4S manual - sold it for £20k :floor:

Anything over £40k is not justifiable as a daily hack

Boba fett said:
Palladium said:
Boba fett said:

no way prettier, no way.

Obviously opinions regarding looks are completely subjective....
but at the same time most people would say Kate Moss is better
looking than Dawn French.
In this instance Kate Moss is a 993.

I have almost found the fabled 25 bagger

its had a little bang on the wing, but its c2 manual coupe

ebay 252657665215

carkid said:
Boba fett said:
Palladium said:
Boba fett said:

no way prettier, no way.

Obviously opinions regarding looks are completely subjective....
but at the same time most people would say Kate Moss is better
looking than Dawn French.
In this instance Kate Moss is a 993.

Sorry bog'oes are not for me, unless they are a widebody or Turbo (which makes a massive difference) they look old, wrong, retro and sit wrong.

I feel the same about similar cars, like the MGBGT but people still buy them for stupid money.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back