Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone into bike trackdays?

Norfolk & Idea

This is my mate and I on Ducati's in Almeria getting a lesson from our GSXR instructor. I'm in the red and white leathers (St. George cross on the back) and my pal is in red leathers. Watch the daft speeds down the 900 metre straight. Great fun! It was bloody hot though....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPNVTaMQ_Y4

Looks fun 8)

Not done a track day on bike. Will do at some point. Nothing as adventurous as yours though.

Merry Christmas.

Thanks arry, merry Christmas to you too! :thumbs:

I used to help out at the California Superbike School when it was at Rockingham so ive seen & done my fair share of track days. tbh I dont really like them as there are too many bikes slowing you down and just getting in the way. The standard of some of the riding I saw was shocking, and after dragging smashed up bikes & people away it kind of makes you rethink things.

I think if i had the track to myself id love it, but whilst you have all the obvious risks on the road i prefer road riding as at least you dont have other bikers getting in the way (or if you do, you can get by them easier and get away).

rabbitstew said:
I used to help out at the California Superbike School when it was at Rockingham so ive seen & done my fair share of track days. tbh I dont really like them as there are too many bikes slowing you down and just getting in the way. The standard of some of the riding I saw was shocking, and after dragging smashed up bikes & people away it kind of makes you rethink things.

I think if i had the track to myself id love it, but whilst you have all the obvious risks on the road i prefer road riding as at least you dont have other bikers getting in the way (or if you do, you can get by them easier and get away).

Are you Casey Stoner?

Couldn't agree less regarding road riding. Bikers getting in your way? What about the cars, trucks, buses, cyclists etc..? I packed in road riding because of the congestion and danger.

If you can keep your discipline and keep a 10% safety margin on your pace, then track days are the way to go with a performance bike.

I totally agree. You go in a class that suits your ability, confidence and knowledge of the track your going on. Nearly all RTC's on the road will end in tears due to road furniture and other traffic / road users.

I've done my fair share of track days at Donny, and touch wood it's never gone t1ts up. I've out braked myself enough times and got away with it. But it's rare that someone goes on a track day and ends up in A&E. Most of them are from high-siding. What are you going to hit at Donnington and other tracks compared to the road.

I love road riding and I might prat about on clear roundabouts now and again on the R1.

In any case it's about enjoying the potential of the bike not emulating Rossi.

Anyway, nice video, I remember you going away abroad & taking the Duke. It's got some serious grunt hasn't it. Nice to see it staying with the 4 strokes. :grin:

Oh man, my 1098R will stay with anything with the right pilot on board, which isn't me btw :)

And you're right. Unless you get clobbered by another bike, mainly in racing, it's rare to sustain bad injuries. I've done loads of track days and haven't had an off for 6 years. A nice gentle low side at Cadwell.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back