Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C2S at 911V

kas750

Zandvoort
Looks good.
http://www.911virgin.com/porscheforsale/1124/993C2SManual/

1124_Porsche_For_Sale_993FEC1_2.jpg

1124_Porsche_For_Sale_993FEC4a_6.jpg

993 C2S Manual
993 C2S Manual For Sale
Top Speed 168 mph
0-62 5.4 s
Engine Capacity 3600 cc
Power 285 bhp
Torque 340 Nm
Mileage 93,000 mls

It looks fantastic👍.......

'Maintained irrespective of cost' -Service history could be better though-
bit patchy- 2009 and then nothing for 3 years?
And for some reason it says Centre Gravity/ Chris Franklin.....he doesn't touch engines? I thought he just works on suspension etc

The Ashgood one looks good providing the history is there. I do like the front sports bumper on these S models. Gives it an edgy more aggressive appeal without the need for a large tail.

Prices are steady but i have noticed higher mileage cars going for top end prices...? Best time to buy a 911 as you will be able to shave a few K of the price between now and Feb...

Kash

2 S values seem to be still going one way only for the right cars! :thumb:

Both gorgeous cars, but it still seems a lot of money for a car of that age/mileage and performance capabilities.

Believe me, I swoon over 993/964s as much as the next guy, but would I spend £70k to get into one? No, I'd explore 2 other options, 997 turbo or look at 911's from the 70's that have been/could be enhanced.

Perhaps I'm a heathen, sorry.

No I don't think you are a "heathen" at all ....... in my circumstance I certainly would not even be close to buying a C2S at that price ....... and although I am a big 993 fan for that sort of money I would be looking to place it elsewhere.

...we do all like different things though and I have recently bought in at around what Ashgood's have their car priced at (a private sale). Mine did come with over 140k on it too!

997 Gen2 Turbo is a very nice thing, with massive road presence and astonishing pace. No style though. Older 911s I appreciate as an enthusiast but they do not appeal as an owner.

It is the car I have always wanted. I now have it. Well worth the money and in all honestly I would of paid much more if I had to.

...Is a 1970 911S really worth £150+..?? Not as a car, no, they're shockingly slow and basic. But as an experience, and as a statement, and as a piece of great design, yes, all day long!

That's the thing with these cars - every new model is faster, more refined, more economical than the previous one. An MP4-12C is crazy fast, but not at all emotive. An air-cooled Porsche IS emotive. It's fun, characterful and noisy! Everything a modern car is not.

THIS is why the air-cooled cars are getting the prices they are now. With congested, pot-holed roads, and Judges that will jail you for doing 140, do you really want a car that will do 210mph..???

(said the guy with a GT4 and a GT3 in his garage :oops: "track use only ma-laird")

Richyd said:
...Is a 1970 911S really worth £150+..?? Not as a car, no, they're shockingly slow and basic. But as an experience, and as a statement, and as a piece of great design, yes, all day long!

That's the thing with these cars - every new model is faster, more refined, more economical than the previous one. An MP4-12C is crazy fast, but not at all emotive. An air-cooled Porsche IS emotive. It's fun, characterful and noisy! Everything a modern car is not.

THIS is why the air-cooled cars are getting the prices they are now. With congested, pot-holed roads, and Judges that will jail you for doing 140, do you really want a car that will do 210mph..???

(said the guy with a GT4 and a GT3 in his garage :oops: "track use only ma-laird")

i'd love a 911 turbo, but my license wouldnt lol !

tyinsky said:
...we do all like different things though and I have recently bought in at around what Ashgood's have their car priced at (a private sale). Mine did come with over 140k on it too!

It is the car I have always wanted. I now have it. Well worth the money and in all honestly I would of paid much more if I had to.

Well said....I'm just bitter I didn't buy a 993 10 years ago when they were; younger, cleaner, had lower miles and were available for peanuts....relatively.

Richyd said:

Couldn't agree more. Cars like this will never be built again hence the rising prices...

Just look at the younger generation and how they swoon over the latest models from McLaren, Lamborghini, Ferrari etc. whereas classics/modern classics don't even register on their radar.
200-300bhp in a 1400kg Sports Car is great fun with a little experience, whereas the modern supercars with 600-700bhp really are pointless on normal roads.

90's modern classics are where the fun and smart money are IMO. ;)

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back