Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance Decision

ollymeister

OK, so I'm down to two options:

Adrian Flux @ £565

AIB @ £599

2005 C2S

ME + 1 Add driver.

8,000 miles per year.

I was pretty put off by Adrian Flux's pressure sales, and their inability to confirm whether parts would be Genuine Porsche or not - can anyone with previous experience confirm this?

Any final suggestions for last minute quotes?

Thanks in Advance.

Ive just renewed mine and went with Hastings. £400. They just came up the cheapest on confused dot com.

I'm with classic line... Can't complain. Agreed valuation, breakdown cover, track day cover. The will usually come in competitively too

Aviva/ Direct line/ LV . Worth just getting quotes

I am going back to a regular everyday policy at renewal, not interested in agreed value, it aint getting nicked or burnt, I like building up a ncb, and you cant with a classic policy.

It's worth comparing the cover and features between policies as well as the price, the mainstream policies are unusually less money, but a policy from AIB, Classicline, Flux etc., usually has features and cover that more than make up for that such as breakdown, you choose what repairer as well as agreed value. It depends if you want those things.

I've been with ManningUK for years - never had an issue with them and they are cheaper for me than anything that the comparison sites throw up.

Direct Line were my best quote and they don't appear on Meerkat sites so worth phoning for a quote, although if you have other policies with them you get a discount.

Personally I would NEVER GO WITH Adrian Flux. They are a bureaucratic nightmare. The sales people are usually very good but once you move past that you will find the collar and cuffs do not match.

I was with them a few years ago and had a nightmare as soon as I wanted to make any changes - driving abroad, additional driver et cetera, et cetera. They love their auto renewals too. Before they would refund me the auto renewal they wanted me to prove I had cover elsewhere. Never mind that I never asked them to renew and they never asked me if they could - this was BEFORE compulsory continuous Insurance/SORN.

More recently my wife found a cheap policy with them and I warned her off against using them. She went with them anyway. Suffice to say we had more dramas:

1.Taking additional payments from my card without authorization (as I covered the premium for her).
2. Charging additional premium because she could not provide evidence of over eight years NCB (you will find most insurers stop mentioning it on their renewal notices after five years)

Anyway that was all finally resolved after a public 'Pistonheads' rebuke. A member on there worked for AF and fixed their fook ups.

By all means ignore this but remember buy cheap.....

I have generally used Competition Car Insurance and Manning as well as Aviva. Aviva still have thrid party cover on other cars which either Manning or CCI do not. The first two offer very good communication and customer service although I have never claimed through them so no idea on that side.

Good luck.

Pip

I agree with the above comments, Adrian Flux are truly awful and have caused me to delay my 911 purchase, and this is only one of the problems i've had with them.

Long story short they would not insure me on a 997.2 C2s with my current policy saying that my current provider would not cover this type of car but they would be able to start a new 12 month cover for £1200 (Hastings quoted me £430) when i said no thank you what is the score with cancelling i was told it would be £25 admin fee, no refund as theres only 3 months to run and i would also forfeit this years no claims!

So thats me with another 3 months to find this illusive Manual Atlas Grey 997.2!

My experience of AF over 10 years ago was terrible, would not even bother with them. My 997.2 C4S is covered as a second car by DL.

Interesting comments re Aviva. After a few positive comments on here I tried them for our latest renewal but gave up when their underwriter was insistent that aftermarket sports chrono increased the cars power output...

Ended up with Direct Line again. Who also didn't rack up their premium in year 2 of cover - a refreshing change.

Disco said:
I've been with ManningUK for years - never had an issue with them and they are cheaper for me than anything that the comparison sites throw up.

+1 for Mannings :thumb:

I went with them this year, great quote and excellent service 8)

I have used AIB for last 2 years and good personal approach received. However, never had a claim to date (touch wood), so not sure how they would be in that scenario.

Good level of cover etc though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back