Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

short shifter kit

johne

Spa-Francorchamps
Do you have to modify the gearbox tunnel to fit the short shifter kit ?

short shifterkit

2 wheel drive which one should I buy ?

I bought the goldenrod and the rs shifter separate but it all bolts up no worries.
Have a look at jackals site. I got bits from USA there was a previous thread about them.

Re: short shifterkit

johne said:
2 wheel drive which one should I buy ?

OEM RS one. Cheap as chips ....... well it used to be.

I have nothing against the 'golden road' , just that with mine at least, the change is perfectly acceptable with just the RS shift. Maybe just install the RS shifter first to see how you get on before spending quite a bit more dough.

1st of all how do I find jackalls website and carnwall have the option of along rod or short what one should I get there shifter is 225 euros and sort shifter is 135 euros is that about right .also has anyone else had a problem changing into higher gears on a trackday because of the rubber boot or linkage getting caught and causing resistance ?

johne said:
1st of all how do I find jackalls website and carnwall have the option of along rod or short what one should I get there shifter is 225 euros and sort shifter is 135 euros is that about right .also has anyone else had a problem changing into higher gears on a trackday because of the rubber boot or linkage getting caught and causing resistance ?

the rubber boot can get chewed up but i dont think that would stop you selecting gears? is it a clutch issue?
there is a selector rod seal and rubber dust boot, but i cant see that causing your issue. there might be worn linkages in the actual rod itself, or the huge rubber bush at the end. get it up on ramps first before you buy stuff.
goldenrod just replaces the long rod with rubber bush, the RS gear lever is just that, a gear lever which replaces your own with a shorter throw. it wont sort out any wear or slop in the linkages.

jackals site is your friend here.

I got my short shift (to go with the Goldenrod) from Matt at Type911. Think it was about £100.

Thanks chris and rob need to get it on the ramp changed gear alright comming back from Silverstone

when was your gearbox oil changed last? its an hours job on ramps and 45 quid for the oil. mine had never been changed despite full service history from what i can see until i did it at 73k.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back