Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Kaege Retro 993- opinions, think I like this !

Do you think they have to add a label?:

Warning: May contain traces of 993.

:dont know:

Well ...... it ain't a Singer and that's for sure ...... did he use the an actual 993 then modify that? ...... or did he use an earlier model but used the running gear and modified the 993 engine ....... have to say I think it is all a bit of a "mish-mash" ........ give me a Singer any day of the week above that.

We saw this at Dinslaken. Lots of work has gone in to it for sure and many nice touches. Wasn't quite as immaculately executed as a Singer, but still a very nice thing.

Had composite panels here and there and the fit of them seems a bit shy of factory.

So you p[rovide the 993, then...How much???? :sad:

Love it too!

I've noticed that Singer use the front scuttle from a 993 to get the distinctive placement for the wiper spindles. RUF do the same on a couple of their recent promotional pictures - certainly the 964-esque light blue car on their website. Also, the car has a very 993 turbo like intercooler, making me wonder if a lot more of the vehicle is actually 993 in origin...

Yep, I crawled over this at Dinslaken, and I would be more than happy tooling about in it.
Loads of carbon, really nice piece of kit.
:thumb: 8/10 from me
The Singer gets 10/10 and a RUF a Spinal Tap 11/10 (both quite different tools though)

I just don't see the value in these hybrid backdates?
RUF is the only one with any pedigree and manufacturer status, and I suspect the cheapest?
Overpriced and engineered by who???
Christian....

I like it, especially the custom Xenon headlights. Yeah sure it aint no Singer but the attention to detail is not bad!

Only thing is potential buyers will struggle to find a 993 donor. For some reason, I don't have a problem backdating a 930 or 964, but surely a 993 is a crime!!!!

:eek:

Only thing is potential buyers will struggle to find a 993 donor. For some reason, I don't have a problem backdating a 930 or 964, but surely a 993 is a crime!!!!

:eek:[/quote]

I'd throw my 993 tomorrow without hesitation to have it turned into one of those!!

No comment on my previous crimes!!

Agree it may not be a Singer or a Ruf, but I like it

From what I understand, Singers to the Uk are now in the region of £800k.

Makes these look a bargain at £350k.

Zingari - where do you value the donor cars?

Will the day ever come when an original 993 will be worth more than this customised version and we'll all be saying it was sacrilege to have cut it up. Who knows.

If I were going down this route, I'd cut up a 912 which is almost there in terms of looks. Those rear arches don't look right to me and I don't think I could do that to a 993.

912's on the other hand are pretty crappy as standard but have potential and £70k of hot-rodding on top would get you a beast which would probably look and perform better than this version.

Quality looks good, and the video is good. I like the skidding about, which is hard to achieve in a 993. Maybe they took a load of weight out of the original.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back