Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wish me better luck in the future.

daveessex

A little of a "What have you bought your car recently" type thread.
Started about 2 months ago by having the hood top repainted to deal with a number of small stone chips.
Then the front bumper stone chips repaired by Chips-Away.
Car looked great, so put carefully away in the garage for the final stages.
The next and penultimate step was decals closely following those on the new 911R Edition in a red to match the colour in the hood badge.
Finally the whole front end - hood, bumper, fenders, headlamps and mirror heads protected with EXPEL.
Job done and the car was defo uplifted and safe, so I thought, from paint chip damage.
Then, disaster struck, when last Thursday went for a first short run on the M25 and arrived back with a piece of the EXPEL film ripped and a chip through to the undercoat, centre front of the hood top. F--k!!!

this thread needs pics....
and that is a problem with the film rarely if you get a bad stone chip it can break through and looks crap

Apologies, but as a new poster I missed the trick initially of having to "resize" the photos I took after the work was completed.

:welcome: to 911uk Dave.

I like the red on grey. :thumb:

Are you planning to change the white sill decal to red as well. :?:

I was considering red for those as well, but decided these flecked cream ones helped to better lifted the car's look and highlight the way the car's bodywork widens at the rear when viewed from the front.

Do you think perhaps that there's too much going on with too many colours?

Obviously it's your call but I think in red it would look really :thumbs:

That's annoying about the chip, I thought this stuff was meant to prevent that very thing?

I probably would have gone with black side strips like the 911R.

daveessex said:

Yes.

I'd lose those window stickers too. :grin:

T8 said:
daveessex said:

Yes.

I'd lose those window stickers too. :grin:

You mean replace them with 911uk stickers?

When I said that I wished to lift the car from a somewhat unexciting grey look, it wasn't my intent to go "bling", but more, as a long time classic car enthusiast, to honour the history of the 911, like the factory had done with the 911R limited Edition.
Is there any history of Porsche themselves or their partners in racing etc going down the route of red on grey or similar, and with choosing sill decals in special colours?

daveessex said:
Is there any history of Porsche themselves or their partners in racing etc going down the route of red on grey or similar, and with choosing sill decals in special colours?

Not that I know of :dont know:

The only 'red on grey' car I'm familiar with Porsche producing was the 997GT3RS.

EDIT: Google 'Red on grey Porsche' and loads of pics of the GT3RS come up. I think yours would look better than they do. Their red wheels are way OTT.

I think red or black side stripes would complete the look brilliantly. Maybe black stripes with PORSCHE in red would look good.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back