Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New battery fitted. Checking?

cbr6dc

Montreal
Fitted a new battery. The alarm went off when connecting the battery which has never happened. I know it is supposed to so i'll take it as a good sign.... The tiptronic gearbox 'seems' a bit better because of selecting a gear from Park which was always an issue so maybe it was some sort of voltage drop which was an issue like when you crank the car over? I think the old battery is properly dead because it would just click on starting after just 3 or 4 days without starting.

Does this all sound ok? I'm a worrier with this car.

On a 996 you have to have the ignition on before disconnecting or reconnecting the battery or the alarm will trip.

Old battery dieing after 3 days then it was definatly past its sell by date !

Tip box fault .. hmm .. im not convinved but see how it goes and repost if needed ..

Didnt need to write that really as i know you will :p

Lol .

Thank you dad.

Or was it Obi Wan?

:floor:
:thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back