Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porkless

Crimp a Length!

Well for the first time in 14 yrs and after 12 911's I am now leaving the fold.
Its been an interesting period met a lot of nice folk and got barred from Piston Heads after nearly 6000 posts which has to be the catalyst of this period!!

So where next you say.............
Ferrari?
No
Lambo
No
Audi R8
No
Well what then?

Ive been out and done a deal on a 1987 Ford Sierra 3 door........Its an unusual colour think they call it Moonstone Blue. :?:

So long chaps.

:thumbs:

Crimp a Length! said:
Ive been out and done a deal on a 1987 Ford Sierra 3 door........Its an unusual colour think they call it Moonstone Blue. :?:

Not a 1.6L methinks. :?:

:bye: for now. I know you'll be back soon.

Std 3 door or 500?

Very rare colour on the 500, 52 of them IIRC.

Cossie geek for over 20 years, still got one. 👍🏻

Crimp a Length! said:

Aha, that was you :thumbs:

Saw this on facebook last night...car looks cool :thumb:

Crimp a Length! said:
got barred from Piston Heads after nearly 6000 posts which has to be the catalyst of this period!!

:eek: I only managed a 7-day ban. You crimped a long post there chum :what:

Mr Length - I applaud your choice, unorthodox as it may be. That boat has sailed for me so many times and I still regret every time I haven't bought the whale tail to beat all whale tails!

Good luck and enjoy!

Can fully understand the change.

My other toy car is a Mk2 RS2000; not in the same league as a 1987 Moonstone Blue Sierra but closely related!

Esky_zpshbgtdqhy.jpg

Avon said:
Can fully understand the change.

My other toy car is a Mk2 RS2000; not in the same league as a 1987 Moonstone Blue Sierra but closely related!

Esky_zpshbgtdqhy.jpg

:thumbs: LOVELY.

HSC911 said:
Crimp a Length! said:

Aha, that was you :thumbs:

Saw this on facebook last night...car looks cool :thumb:

Cheers buddy getting used to it but its a slow process.
Cannot compare to a Pork and never would but fancied another classic and preferably a fast ford as its still in my veins from 20odd yrs ago.

Its a cracker full rebuild and one to keep. 450BHP with a horrendous amount of lag, it reminds me of the 89 930 I used to have only a lot quicker. :D

plynchy said:
Std 3 door or 500?

Very rare colour on the 500, 52 of them IIRC.

Cossie geek for over 20 years, still got one. 👍🏻

No not a 500 i'm not that flush!
Its a really mint 3 door with an amazing amount of history, every receipt/MOT/Tax disc etc etc since 1987 & the photographic rebuild it had 2000 miles ago. :thumb:

1.6L

Attachments

• tasty_2_317.jpg
    tasty_2_317.jpg
    513.7 KB · Views: 7,600
Lovely condition

Attachments

• cossy_151.jpg
    cossy_151.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 7,583
No worries over IMS, bore scoring, regular replacement of coil packs or tandem pump corrosion.

Very nice.

Mine's just shy of 400 I think, if that's a genuine 450 it will be ridiculous. The power band is very, very narrow, nothing till 4k rpm then WALLOP. :worship:

Who did the engine spec/build/map?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back