Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

one year on

oneonealpha

Silverstone
A year of ownership with my C4 and £5000 later, this was for an
Alternator
Water pump
New discs
Engine out at OPC in Bavaria to replace alloy coolant pipes, whilst that was happening, they replaced the oil cooler, engine mounts crankshaft seal and various other bits and pieces.
Car has covered 6000 miles, 4000 of those in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and France.
For the total outlay I could have bought a newer car. however, there is no guarantee I would have spent any less..
I wanted a 996 not a 997. the 996 to me is the dogs danglies no other car ticks the box like mine does.
It has now covered 81,000 miles and if by chance the engine fails, then I will be up to Hartech for a rebuild maybe something special, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
It has a dansk system, sounds awesome. I use the car on almost a daily basis, looking for some lame excuse to go to the shops,( the long way round)and its kept outside. and if I had my way I would have a glass wall so I could admire it from indoors.
My wife thinks I'm mad obsessed OCD. But I'm really happy

very nice car, I like the way you are driving it every day, I also think that this is the best way to stop it seizing up, keep the oil changed and topped up, only cane it when its warm, but do cane it, as the ones that don't get caned have the trouble.

I bet you never need a rebuild. I had one with 90k on it and it was like new.

996, still the best value 911.

That's a man who likes his car. And doesn't yearn for anything faster or newer. I like that. I hope it keeps going well for you.

Kimbo said:
That's a man who likes his car. And doesn't yearn for anything faster or newer. I like that.

I dunno ....... This was my mistress for 3.5 years ...... :cloud9:

Looks lovely 11A. I still miss mine. Seal Grey 996 :thumbs:

I think I may buy you Photoshop for Christmas.

11A - what a great thing to wake up to read.

Love your thoughts and agree with them completely

Top man :thumb:

Osh

11A, I've just seen where you live.

Is this your house. :?:

:D

Great post!

Its easy to forget what fabulous cars we own.

Here's to many more happy miles for you. :viking:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back